check out this price quote the wife got....

SSThunder

Here's the list:

New rotors & brake pads

Rotate and balance tires

Front end alignment

Timing belt changed

Fuel filter changed

Fuel injectors cleaned(correct)

Transmission fluid changed

Transmission filter changed

Radiator flushed

Honda faxed the wife a quote of $2K for part and labor. I can't wait to get home to see how they breakout the outragious price. Doesn't $2K seem a little high for the amount of work to be performed? :eek:

Probably about $600-900 to high knowing how much most of that stuff is.

Brakes - $300-400

Balance and Rotate - $40

Alignment - $60-90

Timing Belt - $300 +/-

Fuel Filter change - $50

Fuel Injector Cleaned - $200 +

Transmission work - $90

Radiator Flush and Fill - $100

That totals up to about $1,270 on the high side, I could be off by $100 either way, but I'm sure I am in the ball park. Wait, forgot, stealership mark up of $800 for nose picking down time...lol

well...lets say it takes the shop 2 work days to do all of that, thats not tha uncommon, theres alot of work there, especially the timing belt, fuel filter and injectors.....2 8hour days at $75/hr = $1200....if thats the stealerships rate...so..i dunno....either way, yer gettin raped, but if you dont have the means to do it yourself, you dont have much choice...lol

My pricing included labor and any shop that can't get all of that done in one day shouldn't be in business, unless they have problems getting parts, thats the only excuse. My pricing guesses are for independent repair shops, of course a dealership will be higher. The only repair I'm not 100% about is the timing belt. But if you cant get brakes done out the door for $300 on a honda, you're getting ripped off for the most part.

Just some food for thought from a former brake tech and mechanical engineer, the factory Honda rotors and pads are not worth the premium becuase it has an H on it. Murrays, autozone, etc brakes will stop any honda just as good as the factory set, if not sometimes better, and cost much less, sometimes less than half the dealership parts price. Same thing goes for the filters, fluids, flushes and fills. Any Midas, Ammco, precision tune, etc, can perform all of the work for much less than a dealership, do itin half the time and still get it right. As far as the timing belt goes, I was throwing darts and if I'm low, I figured as much. I've never had one done on a honda before.

guys i'm thinking about 12 to 1500 for the job.I priced rotors for my 00 vw passat and list is about 200 dollars per rotor,the old man behind the parts counter likes me so I get stuff for list price(2 rotors and pads 260.00).With that being said I agree dealer prices are high but sometimes its noth worth going to joe mechanic down the street,by the way when my timing belt was done the nose of the car had to come off because vw does not give any working room to change the belt otherwise. :banghead:

Honda faxed the wife a quote of $2K for part and labor.
You must have a blonde-haired wife (they saw her coming a mile away).

Mr. P.

She called them for the quote so they heard her voice and thougth $$$$$. I hesitate to go to some joe smoe because we got burned before having the one of the cats replaced. They hacked off the flanges and put in a generic POS that didn't solve the problem so when we took it to Honday they said they would have to replace the pipes because the hack job so that was pretty costly :banghead:

Well, First off. We need the Year make and Model to even get into HOW MUCH IT WILL COST. The timming belt is a moderate job. Does this include a water pump,tensioner,collant flush/fill?

Brakes:All the brake parts, thats a fairly straight forward thing to do... (unless this model has some awkward bleeding procedures, some take a bit)

The TB is a huge deal on a OHC interferance engine(meaning it can bend valves and cause other internal problems) Dont get it confused with any other accesory belt, IT WILL COST you THOUSANDS IF IT POPS.

So If you are lacking faith in your local private shops, do some research and look for referls from others in the area.

The price seems about 500-200 high IMO(for dealers rates), but that all depneds on the exact specs. of the vehicle the sevrices will be performed on.