alaskan winshield

packjh

i got a crack all the way across the lower part of my windshield now. Due to cold weather and a rock chip. Seems like the more the defroster was on the longer it got when it just sit. So there goes some money i coulda used for mods..

call your insurance company. I have allstate and they have replaced 2 windshields for me in the last year because of rocks flying up and cracking it. no charge to me either, but i have a 0 deductible for comprehensivel. worth a shot though if you don't have a high deductible. otherwise, its less than $300 to have it replaced.

I agree with Holty. I carry a $50 deductible for these occasions. I have had 1 windshield replaced when I had my Mustang which got hit with a rock in the monring and then by the wend of the work day cracked all the way across and two chips repaired for free on my 03 ss windshield. My insurance company will fix chips and cracks for free if they can get to them quick enough.

I also used the $50 deductible for a large deep dent (i could just about put my index finger in up to my nail) in the side of my 98 z71 from a bolt that was thrown by a lawn mower. Repair estimate was 300+.

not unless it falls out i would wait untill winter is over.  We went thru a few windshelds in trucks while we were up there

yea thats what im doing everybody has cracks in them up here, i dont remember what my deductible thru usaa is on my windshield. I need to call them i have had several chips repaired thru them. Ill get it replaced this spring so im pretty sure when i go to Boise they wont let me run the truck on the track with it like that. but on the other hand my gf is going to try and by a used black ss tomorrow. We are both going to look at it. Ill get her to be part of the forum whether she does or not.

not unless it falls out i would wait untill winter is over.  We went thru a few windshelds in trucks while we were up there

yea thats what im doing everybody has cracks in them up here, i dont remember what my deductible thru usaa is on my windshield. I need to call them i have had several chips repaired thru them. Ill get it replaced this spring so im pretty sure when i go to Boise they wont let me run the truck on the track with it like that. but on the other hand my gf is going to try and by a used black ss tomorrow. We are both going to look at it. Ill get her to be part of the forum whether she does or not.

Wait 'till spring. I had mine replaced this spring for the same exact reason. Gotta love Alaskan winters.

USAA, unless you specify otherwise, has a $500 comp deductible.