Girlfriend's Car Got Towed

Pasadena SS

So my girlfriend's car got towed away and naturally she called me to help her. I asked her why did she think they towed her car and she told me it hasn't been registered since July and it's been park at the same spot on the street for 3 weeks. What the hell!!! :mad: I don't get it. She is a responsible person. She pays all her bills early, her credit is in the 700+ and never have a bounce check but her car IQ is so F~Up!!! She can't drive for crap, she don't change her oil and certainly don't register her car in time.

I took her to the DMV to get it registered, then to pick up the car. Found out it's been there since THURSDAY!!! :mad: She just found out on Monday night. We paid $400.00 bucks to get it out but the damn car didn't start because her battery is completely dead (she knew that :banghead: but forgot to tell me). I went and bought a new battery, started it up and saw that her tires are completely bald. There is no tread what so ever :mad: . I was scared as hell driving it. Took the damn thing straight to get new tires then to the shop to get a tune up. I was too scared to check her oil level in the car. I'm affraid I had enough for one day. and that's my rant. Thank you for listening. :(

i feel ya hope it works out. When i first met my girlfriend she had a 97' merc. tracer with 84000 mi on it. It tossed the timing belt about 2 months after i knew her and at the same time i fixed that, there was almost no oil in the car and what was in it was black so i changed it. she bought the car with 28000 mi on it and never did an oil change on it cause she didn't know it had to be done. needless to say, at 112000mi, i wasn't supprised when it spun a bearing. worse yet, i rebuilt the bottom end of the motor and what do you know, notorious 2.0L engine, about 20000 mi later, it sucked down a valve seat. engine rebuild number 2. finally she got a new shitbox and i took the car and sold it to get back some of my labor money. the guy that bought it had it for 2 months and totaled it in front of his house. excellent ending. I even got to kick the shit out off all the windows and door cause it got towed to my shop before it when to the grave yard. at least i gave it some payback. :cheers:

I use to tow cars a while back. I'm sure if you read the laws for vehicles parked on the side of the road, you will see they thought it was an abanded vehicle and they will tow them. I KNOW it had to have a sticker on if saying it would be towed if it was not moved. I use to see people get pissed cause we towed their vehicle, but if it was parked illegally its their fault :dupe: . It sucks when it happens to you but bald tires, dead battery and no tag, I would have towed it too. If it was towed on Thursday and she just noticed it yesterday :confused: good thing it wasnt stolen.

My favorite ones to tow were the ones that parked right in front of the "Do not park vehilce will be towed" signs :yellow_loser:

i feel ya hope it works out. When i first met my girlfriend she had a 97' merc. tracer with 84000 mi on it. It tossed the timing belt about 2 months after i knew her and at the same time i fixed that, there was almost no oil in the car and what was in it was black so i changed it. she bought the car with 28000 mi on it and never did an oil change on it cause she didn't know it had to be done. needless to say, at 112000mi, i wasn't supprised when it spun a bearing. worse yet, i rebuilt the bottom end of the motor and what do you know, notorious 2.0L engine, about 20000 mi later, it sucked down a valve seat. engine rebuild number 2. finally she got a new shitbox and i took the car and sold it to get back some of my labor money. the guy that bought it had it for 2 months and totaled it in front of his house. excellent ending. I even got to kick the shit out off all the windows and door cause it got towed to my shop before it when to the grave yard. at least i gave it some payback. :cheers:

That's cool you had some payback.

This car is a 2001 Honda Accord EX. The tires was so bald because it was still the same factory tires that came with the car :crackup: It was caked with dirt and leaves I took it through the automatic car wash 3 times. Luckly I only paid for 1.

quote=tawss04,Nov 21 2006, 02:56 PM]

I use to tow cars a while back. I'm sure if you read the laws for vehicles parked on the side of the road, you will see they thought it was an abanded vehicle and they will tow them. I KNOW it had to have a sticker on if saying it would be towed if it was not moved. I use to see people get pissed cause we towed their vehicle, but if it was parked illegally its their fault :dupe: . It sucks when it happens to you but bald tires, dead battery and no tag, I would have towed it too. If it was towed on Thursday and she just noticed it yesterday :confused: good thing it wasnt stolen.

My favorite ones to tow were the ones that parked right in front of the "Do not park vehilce will be towed" signs :yellow_loser:

I'm not trippin' on it being towed at all. I'm just surprise they didn't tow it sooner. :P

That's cool you had some payback.

This car is a 2001 Honda Accord EX. The tires was so bald because it was still the same factory tires that came with the car :crackup: It was caked with dirt and leaves I took it through the automatic car wash 3 times. Luckly I only paid for 1.

quote=tawss04,Nov 21 2006, 02:56 PM]

I'm not trippin' on it being towed at all. I'm just surprise they didn't tow it sooner. :P

you might need to smack some sence(sp?) into her lol :crackup:

why should she take care of it...you did it all in one after noon. LOL just bustin your balls. 90% of women are that way. Another 9% are bulldikes and the last 1% you and I will never meet.

Okay, I was thinking about all the women I know....and you're right about 90% of them would let they're car blow before the got regular maintnence done. :banghead: But I do know atleast one that changes her own oil(and no, she's not a bulldike, whatever that means). :dunno: And I take damn good care of my truck. Just got oil changed, a tune-up, and tires rotated and balanced last week. I decided to do that on my own too. Didn't have any guy telling me to get it done. Aren't you proud of me :jester:

So my girlfriend's car got towed away and naturally she called me to help her. I asked her why did she think they towed her car and she told me it hasn't been registered since July and it's been park at the same spot on the street for 3 weeks. What the hell!!! :mad: I don't get it. She is a responsible person. She pays all her bills early, her credit is in the 700+ and never have a  bounce check but her car IQ is so F~Up!!! She can't drive for crap, she don't change her oil and certainly don't register her car in time.

I took her to the DMV to get it registered, then to pick up the car. Found out it's been there since THURSDAY!!! :mad: She just found out on Monday night. We paid $400.00 bucks to get it out but the damn car didn't start because her battery is completely dead (she knew that :banghead:  but forgot to tell me). I went and bought a new battery, started it up and saw that her tires are completely bald. There is no tread what so ever :mad: . I was scared as hell driving it. Took the damn thing straight to get new tires then to the shop to get a tune up. I was too scared to check her oil level in the car. I'm affraid I had enough for one day. and that's my rant. Thank you for listening. :(

in the CA veh. code...any vehicle left on a roadway or highway over 4 hrs. can be towed. what probley got it towed was the out dated tags. we get that a lot up here. some smuck brakes down on on the freeway and the CHP will yellow tag it and check back to see if it is moved, and if not it's towed...one for being left, and also it is concitered a hazard on the road. think what would happen if you ran into a parked car doing 80+ :sick::sick::sick:

:seeya: