Porsche 911 hits toll booth in SoCal

Posi12Bolt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad, I do agree that it is kind of irresponsible to turn a kid loose with a fast car. I started out with a 307 1972 Chevelle built it up a little then wrecked it (fell asleep ) when I was 17. Since then I've built quite a few cars some have been pretty fast but I am always pretty careful. I don't pass on the right at 100mph I save my bursts of speed for when it's clear or at the track. I think I have a little more respect for my own cars and I know what they are capable of since I built them myself. My heart goes out to her family.

Dave

Thats just crazy and :puke: at the same time. The first news link says they are still trying to determine the cause of the accident :confused: Duhh she was going over 100mph and didn't see the toll booth or for whatever reason thought she was going to stop intime for it. I have been on the 241 and when there is a toll booth it is pretty damn aparent and it goes across the entire road for both sides of the 241. Some have attendants and some dont. Atleast the innocent people around or involved in the accident are ok.

now i never call :icon_bs: on things like this, but have you ever been to a accident seen where the body wasn't covered? especially in the middle of the day with all the people standing around. also, in the last few pics, you can see the flatbed getting ready to drag the car up on it to tow away. do you think they would leave the body uncovered like that on the back of a flatbed? something dosn't seem right with those pics. i'm officially calling :icon_bs:

:icon_bs: 26dubss style YO

I'm debating wether to show this to my 16yr old daughter who's getting a new car soon. Maybe this will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll think twice before speeding.

What do you guys think?

while your at it...throw in some of those sexually transmitted disease pics that you watched in highschool and for those of you that was in the Navy, the ones you have to watch over and over before you go over seas. :puke:

I'm debating wether to show this to my 16yr old daughter who's getting a new car soon. Maybe this will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll think twice before speeding.

What do you guys think?

Just don't show her the pics you have to click the link to get to.

What do you guys think?

Just don't show her the pics you have to click the link to get to.

Darn :lol: Would that be totally wrong?

now i never call  :icon_bs: on things like this, but have you ever been to a accident seen where the body wasn't covered?  especially in the middle of the day with all the people standing around.  also, in the last few pics, you can see the flatbed getting ready to drag the car up on it to tow away.  do you think they would leave the body uncovered like that on the back of a flatbed? something dosn't seem right with those pics.  i'm officially calling  :icon_bs:

:icon_bs: 26dubss style YO

I totally see what you are saying. I really don't understand how those pics could have been exposed over the net. I also don't see how those pics could be fake :dunno: I''m confused.

What do you guys think?

I think you can't scare kids straight; it always backfires. OTOH I also know you cannot hide kids from the world either.

I openly share with my kids how I feel about them doing something stupid and seriously hurting (or worse) themselves and/or others but with a non-gory manner. My kids are 9 & 11 so I don't elaborate on gory details to get them to understand the true gravity of my point (so far, knock on wood) regardless of subject. To this point in my parenting when the kids' natural curiousity matures it becomes self-evident when the time is right to share the gory 'facts of life' material with them (like what an exploded cranium looks like) because they seek it out on their own. Of course this approach to parenting does mean that you've got to work at parenting and keep an honest pulse on the development of your child, it's the only way to know if the boundaries you are maintaining are too tight or too loose IMO.

I think if you are wondering this at her age (16 yrs) it's too late. I have taken my kids with me to the wrecking yards looking for parts, and their natural curiosity has always led them to thoroughly examining the totaled vehicles one always finds in the yard. And they always point out the cars to me and we discuss it; my kids are well aware that bad judgement can ruin lives, and I have not had to discuss exactly what spilled brains look like. In the future I am sending my kids to professional driving school as early as they show they are ready to accept these skills; it will cost a few grand but I think it will be some of the best money I will have invested in my kids.

Mr. P.