My wife has returned from Iraq

RembaSS 1SG

Hello all, I would first like to say I hope everyone has a very nice and safe Thanksgiving. Mine will be especially important because my wife just returned from a year deployment to Iraq. Prior to the deplaning ceremony Network TV and various local and national papers got a hold of the fact that My wife( a physician's assistant), her brother (a flight medic), and I were deployed for a year together, yet not so close. Her other brother a CPT in the Reserve deployed to Afghanistan during my first deployment to Iraq in 03.

So among the newspaper reporters were AP, Christian Science Monitor, Clarksville Leaf Chronicle, LA Times (my wife and her family are from Gardena), CBS and FOX were there. So as you can tell when my wife was expecting a couple of quiet days with family has been anything but. This morning we were shown on ABC's Good Morning America. For anyone interested, all the articles and video can be located on the net. Just Google Vasquez reunion. So a few days of fame to get the word out that families also deploy and can survive and reunite until the next call to duty.

I for one will be clearing the military within the next few days and retiring after 21 years, 7 months, on my 40th birthday...SWEET!. I will work as a consultant, contractor or other federal government style job. I hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

Air Assault! :flag:

Mark

Glad to hear that Mark. It sure was nice to meet you at the Corvette museum. Have a happy thanksgiving short timer!!

Dave

Here is a link the the Good Morning America story. All you have to do is click on military family reunion.

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

I for one will be clearing the military within the next few days and retiring after 21 years, 7 months, on my 40th birthday...SWEET!. I will work as a consultant, contractor or other federal government style job. I hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

Thank you and congrats! :flag:

~Brian :cheers:

Thanks for posting the link. I am still a cherry on this site.

We did find a few other sites that have information about the weekend. it follows below. We eventually had Channel 2 and 5 out of Nashville into our home the morning of Thanksgiving. These clips aired about 11:00 pm. Some of the family members including myself do not remember much of that night due to the Crown, Coronas and other adult beverages served after dinner :cheers::cheers::cheers: .

It was a good time. The next day her parents received a Freedom Salute Certificate of Achievement. We made the deal a little bigger than most would. However, any Soldier, can order these for spouses, veterans, parents or Active/Reserve/National Guard soldiers. I am not sure if my other Brothers in Arms have the same program. I would not be surprised if they did not.

http://www.freedomteamsalute.com/ftspublic/

Enjoy and honor an active duty soldier, veteran, reserve, National Guard or parent or spouse of one. :flag:

Mark

Thanks to you and your family, for your service to this county. You are three reasons that make this country so great!!! :flag::thumbs::flag::thumbs:

Glad your wife is returning safetly from her deployment.

Have a great Christmas and New Year ...

Thanks again ....