G35

BlackSS04

Get the TBTC, shift kit, 160deg stat and Tune done asap.   You will smoke him off the line and even fair well from a roll as long as you dont let him catch you above 60mph rolling start (you want the 3-2 downshift at 60mph).  Otherwise as you are right now, you will lose.  Suprisingly, having the pace setter LT's on without a tune is leaving alot on the table.

I am trying to get all my mods on as ASAP and then get the tune after i'm done. I need some days off during the week to get the work done, but its not looking too good anytime soon. :banghead::banghead: I will eventually get it all done. I'm not really in that much of a hurry.

Want me to loan you my beast to beat him?

Edited by 26dub_SS (see edit history)

My honda civic can smoke that g35...Here is a pic of the 78 hp MONSTER....no JOKE this IS a sleeper feller's...

wow.jpg

That thing looks like something I dropped in the toliet. :D

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

My honda civic can smoke that g35...Here is a pic of the 78 hp MONSTER....no JOKE this IS a sleeper feller's...

wow.jpg

who makes that lift kit for your honda? looks good. :cool:

belltech made the kit... :D ....O..and by the way..this sleeper does 0-60 in 14.4 secs...

Well according to this thread the G35's are quite fast. However, I've had 2 run ins with 2 seperate G35's both with different outcomes and also watched one at the track. I'm 99 percent sure that the one G35 knew we were racing and 100 percent sure the other one knew we were racing (cause we set it up). I got a 00 ecrb 5.3 vortec with 3.73's W4M tune,flowmaster 40's K and N intake and LS1 Efans. Now heres the first race between me and the G35 (Black auto Coupe) We went from a roll at 65 till I had the needle buried (about 110) and I pulled about 1/2 car on him. Second race between my friend and I (White 6spd coupe) From a DIG. I jumped on him like 1/4 a car from the light (He knew we were racing BTW) and he had me by 1 1/2 lengths at 65. Last week I watched a G35 coupe run a 15.6 in the 1/4 ( cant remember the trap speed) And I ran a 15.71. Needless to say I wasnt too impressed with the 3 encounters I've had with the G35's however my friend did tell me that the first 2 years were rated lower than the newer ones. I know my truck isnt a rocket ship but the G35's should be no problem for you SS guys if I was able to squeak past them. Have any of you guys ran a G35? If so what were your outcomes, it just seems weird how I was able to beat an coupe auto and lose by not that much to a 6spd. Let me know, I'm very interested to hear.

Have any of you guys ran a G35? If so what were your outcomes, it just seems weird how I was able to beat an coupe auto and lose by not that much to a 6spd.

I read somewhere the six speed will quicken the car almost 1/2 second in the 1/4 and sedan -vs- coupe matters a little due to weight.

Fortunately I ran the same G35 coupe with my previous vehicle (Pontiac Grand Prix GTP) and then again with the SS (totally stock). He hurt my GTP in the top of second, I faired pretty well till then. I got a good jump in the SS from a red light and pretty much held the truck lead through second gear and had to slow down. They're pretty quick cars if driven properly.

Now, i recently read not only have they bumped up a little over 300 horses via a dual air intake, but can also be purchased with AWD. That's another ball game. Congrats on the kills either way!

• 2 weeks later...
Well according to this thread the G35's are quite fast. However, I've had 2 run ins with 2 seperate G35's both with different outcomes and also watched one at the track.  I'm 99 percent sure that the one G35 knew we were racing and 100 percent sure the other one knew we were racing (cause we set it up).  I got a 00 ecrb 5.3 vortec with 3.73's W4M tune,flowmaster 40's K and N intake and LS1 Efans.  Now heres the first race between me and the G35 (Black auto Coupe) We went from a roll at 65 till I had the needle buried (about 110) and I pulled about 1/2 car on him.  Second race between my friend and I (White 6spd coupe) From a DIG.  I jumped on him like 1/4 a car from the light (He knew we were racing BTW) and he had me by 1 1/2 lengths at 65.  Last week I watched a G35 coupe run a 15.6 in the 1/4 ( cant remember the trap speed) And I ran a 15.71.  Needless to say I wasnt too impressed with the 3 encounters I've had with the G35's however my friend did tell me that the first 2 years were rated lower than the newer ones. I know my truck isnt a rocket ship but the G35's should be no problem for you SS guys if I was able to squeak past them.  Have any of you guys ran a G35? If so what were your outcomes, it just seems weird how I was able to beat an coupe auto and lose by not that much to a 6spd. Let me know, I'm very interested to hear.

Hey guys, I have been visiting the site for a while, but I just registered. The G35's are quick. I had the opportunity to race a coupe and a sedan one day on my way home from work one day from a dead stop. The coupe beat me by about two truck lengths, but I had a truck length on the sedan. As the proud owner of an '06 SS with some basic mods, I was shocked that I kept up with the coupe and even more surprised that I beat the sedan. I am not sure what the trans he was running, but that coupe was crazy fast.

• 5 months later...

my friend actually has the 05 4-door with intake and exhaust and he was talking a bunch of @##$ about how his would waste mine infront of other people. so we went at it three diff times and had him by a little more than a truck length the each time.