paint grill?

well i was looking at my truck and wanted to change up the front. i already have a street scence grill on it but was wondering if it would look good painted black. anyone have pics of it. on a black truck. i kind of want a black out truck now and the big crome grill kind of kills the look. IMO. and also im getting the strreet scene ss bumper cover and was wondering if the stock lowere grill valance will fit in that or no???

EDIT: i want to paint the stock grill not my street scence

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

I have the black chrome version of your grill and had the crappy gray stock grill behind and it looked very bad. Painted the stock grill black yesterday and it turned out very nice. Used the Rustoleum black plastic paint. I'll post a pic once I get the Street Scene grill back on.

I have the black chrome version of your grill and had the crappy gray stock grill behind and it looked very bad. Painted the stock grill black yesterday and it turned out very nice. Used the Rustoleum black plastic paint. I'll post a pic once I get the Street Scene grill back on.

i've thought about going with the black chrome street scene grille. i painted all my grille pieces black. i had the precision ez stainless on and took it off. i meant to order the solid not the stainless. oh well. i like it how it is now, but how does the black chrome look?

thats actually what i was going to use. i heard so much about the fusion paint. but, at work we are putting up a spray booth again for bedliners and me and my buddy that works there are going to paint alot of things. he has painting back ground so he is going to paint his hood, grill and bumper. im going to have my lights done, where he paints over the amber like makes a box around everything. looks great on his truck. my whole grill and if i get my bumper in time that also. but we were going to get actually car paint. not a rattle can job, though yours came out great..

I painted my stock grille flat black before installing my Carriage Works 5 piece black grille over it. I figured flat paint would "hide" the stock grille better.

that looks great. :thumbs: an amber delete and a shopman bowtie and that front end would look even better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...