train horns

elitesurfer50

i deliver to a place that actually builds the train horns for csx and i asked them the other day how much they cost and they said they were right at $900 each :eek: . and they weigh about 20 lbs each. that changed my mind on doing that pretty quick.

ive looked into this alot, the horns that cost alot are the nathan horns and are louder but not 100% necessary. they have nice kits on ebay for aroudn 400 bucks, but if you get one make sure you get one with an uograded air tank and a pump that can push at least 150psi, other wise its not as loud as you would want it to be, the only reason i have not done this is weight, i dont need anymore of that shit!!

Maybe y'all can shed the light on me as to why anyone puts train horns on their vehicles. Other thatn a novelty item used to make people jump which I would think would get old real quick why do people do it? Not knocking it just curious.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

post-9306-1164502093_thumb.jpgI have some mounted where the spare tire used to be.I think I paid $1200 or so.The air tank a 5gallon,is mounted to the frame.I got a switch installed to turn on and off for the stock horn. it's the KLA 5 horn model.I get some pics from my truck . The site is grover train horns.

Maybe y'all can shed the light on me as to why anyone puts train horns on their vehicles. Other thatn a novelty item used to make people jump which I would think would get old real quick why do people do it? Not knocking it just curious.

Yea why would anyone want to do this?