Truck loading up on a brake torque

I was testing my truck a few times so when I get ready race from a dig. I'll do a brake torque at about 2000rpms and launch, but for a split second, it will bog and then jump. Is this normal? Is the truck loading up to much. Should I do it a lower rpm? It doesn't do this if I just jump on it from an idle. I'm wondering if the Volant CAI has something to do with it.

I have a custom tune, but he didn't take all the TQ management out at my request. But when he retunes it for me, I'm gonna have him take it all out. Will this happen at lower rpm brake torques too? Or should I just jump off the line? I don't have an AWD, its an 06 2wd SSS. So I was trying to get it to launch better.

i had all of the tq taken out of mine and launching is still a joke. with 22's mind you, if i stomp it from a light i will spin up to 6k then it shifts into 2nd briefly, then spins again and downshifts into 1 again. not the best launch at all. ive noticed best launches at about 1500-1800 although i still get a lot of tire spin.

yesterday in the rain just for kicks i mashed mine coming out of a parking lot and started spinning and before i knew it i looked down at my speedo and it says im doing 75 mph! when im really going about 5-10 maybe. :crackup:

Don't you use your TC when launchng? I'll keep trying until I come with a happy medium. I can't believe taking out the TQ management makes it load up. That sucks. It's great for everything except launching?

No...it is the torque management that makes it load up...it retards the timing to lower the power output of the engine. It is a crutch for a trans that is too weak for the truck.

Dave

Don't you use your TC when launchng? I'll keep trying until I come with a happy medium. I can't believe taking out the TQ management makes it load up. That sucks. It's great for everything except launching?

why would i have the tc on when launching? if i did the truck would just fall on its face. :dunno: that isnt going to make me launch very well.