Debate on one or two subs in a subthump box

Grohe

Now i have heard and seen from a couple forums an odd myth about the subthump boxes. and from what ive gathered is that with the subthump boxes, a single box is louder than a double box. now two is usuallly louder than one, but many testimonials have said other. I have done a little bit of research with no answers to this myth. Now between me and a buddy of mine we have only one theory. from what i can tell, subthump boxes fire down, and ventilate toward the rear of the truck. i do not personally own a subthump box yet, but this is heavily weighing my decision. Now with it ventilate toward the rear, allof the air flow must rise up behind the seat. not with only a single box, the air flow can pass next to the box under the seat, allowing a quicker and easier route for the air to travel. now i might have no frickin clue as to what im talking about, but many ppl agree with this.....what do you think???

well IMO i can only give you some suggestions. i havent personally dealt with subthump boxes but can answer your question on one or two. and the answer is how you install it. i have personally done audio at work were 1 10" has been louder and sounds better than 2 12". just dont worry to much about were air is coming from and how easyliy it will pass unless you are looking into competition. if you just want good bass i say go single box. but thats just my $0.02. i have only been doing audio for a couple years and havent excatly figured out all the kinks in everything.

well IMO i can only give you some suggestions. i havent personally dealt with subthump boxes but can answer your question on one or two. and the answer is how you install it.  i have personally done audio at work were 1 10" has been louder and sounds better than 2 12".  just dont worry to much about were air is coming from and how easyliy it will pass unless you are looking into competition. if you just want good bass i say go single box. but thats just my $0.02. i have only been doing audio for a couple years and havent excatly figured out all the kinks in everything.

if I wanted to put in a 1 10" thump, what would I need for an amp? I'm looking to keep the stock Bose system so would it be possible? and roughly what would I be looking at price-wise?

:dunno:

well IMO i can only give you some suggestions. i havent personally dealt with subthump boxes but can answer your question on one or two. and the answer is how you install it.  i have personally done audio at work were 1 10" has been louder and sounds better than 2 12".  just dont worry to much about were air is coming from and how easyliy it will pass unless you are looking into competition. if you just want good bass i say go single box. but thats just my $0.02. i have only been doing audio for a couple years and havent excatly figured out all the kinks in everything.

if I wanted to put in a 1 10" thump, what would I need for an amp? I'm looking to keep the stock Bose system so would it be possible? and roughly what would I be looking at price-wise?

I had the subthump ultra deep box for 2 12's. I had two JL 12W3v2's powered by a JL 500/1. I was not impressed with the sound, not very loud at all. The problem with even the subthump ultra deep boxes is that you can't really fit the BIG subs in it. So that is a big limiting factor to consider.

I had the subthump ultra deep box for 2 12's. I had two JL 12W3v2's powered by a JL 500/1. I was not impressed with the sound, not very loud at all. The problem with even the subthump ultra deep boxes is that you can't really fit the BIG subs in it. So that is a big limiting factor to consider.

Depends on the sub and the specs of it...the subthump boxes are very small for airspace. The reason one sub in it is louder and has better sound quality is there's more airspace for that one sub to operate in. In my opinion though 1cu' is never enough unless it's an 8". Put one quality 10" in the box.

well you can keep the factory bose only if you amp the sub and nothing else. bose has a factory amp in the truck and to bypass it and use a aftermarket to amp all speakers and sub will run you into some $$. but if you just amp the sub you should be fine. money wise its not bad at alljust depends on the quality you get. if you get a sub that can handel 500 watts dont skimp on the amp and only get a 250 amp keep the wattage between the two pretty equal and bridge the sub for even more power!