Volant Installed

11H

OK, I installed the volant ... I also used aluminum tape to seal the box to the fender so the ONLY place it can pull air is from the fender where the stock box pulls from, and from the 3" hole in the bottom of the Volant ...

Honestly?

I am having a hard time telling a difference from stock box with a K&N flat filter vs. the Volant ...

I know the butt dyno is not a good judge, so here I have to ask you fine folks ...

Has anyone actually measured a GAIN with the Volant at the track or on the dyno?

Are there any independant tests? ... I sold my AEM to get this one and I am a skeptic I guess ...

11H

ive never been a big believer in cai's adding great power either. i dont think you can feel fractions of 1 or 2 horsepower and realistically that is all that differs from one to the next anyways.

i just flipped a coin when buying mine as the outlaw and volant were far and away the most recommended from the other owners. big power difference? it was my very first mod and the only difference i noticed was an irritating whistle that i can't hear anymore with new exhaust.

OK, I installed the volant ... I also used aluminum tape to seal the box to the fender so the ONLY place it can pull air is from the fender where the stock box pulls from, and from the 3" hole in the bottom of the Volant ...

Honestly?

I am having a hard time telling a difference from stock box with a K&N flat filter vs. the Volant ...

I know the butt dyno is not a good judge, so here I have to ask you fine folks ...

Has anyone actually measured a GAIN with the Volant at the track or on the dyno?

Are there any independant tests? ... I sold my AEM to get this one and I am a skeptic I guess ...

11H

there have been several articles showing that air box not only increased hp and also mpgs,along with lower iat's,knowing that i talked my father into purchasing one from me at cost and see what happened....

he bought an 06 silverado 5.3 excb shtbed,drove 1400 miles to me (medical emergancy)and we decided to install it.along with the corsa dual exit exhaust.

well i found that he had purchased a tornado and installed prior to the trip here.

he was showing 17.5 mpg's

we removed the tornado installed the volant and exhaust,he returned home and stated that the truck was more responsive and noticed no hesitation at cruising speeds to passing gears like before and to top it off 20.6 mpgs.....just goes to show air in air out and whaaa lahhh!

oh and the air sucking carborater sound not there like other cold air kits.

I think you made the right chioce and you now have something to build from.

good luck :cool:

The best way to see any gains from it, would be to get a custom tune, other wise like they said, maybe 5 hp at most. But you should see some better mpg.

I have a diablosport custom Tune written by the head of R&D ... He's been tuning for 10 years; does that count? ... (Their software has the same capability as HPT) ... The files are in .3cl format for the newer stuff ...

All I know is the only fuel I can run here is Mobil 91 as the timing is pretty stout at PT and WOT ...

I have some EGR enhancements as well for MPG ...

I have the volant and you can see the cover bend in when you rev it up. I have a supercharger though but its gotta flow more than stock.

I assume your SC doesn't make boost in park revving right?

No it shouldn't, i have the volant scoop / ram air through the bumper though.