Front Plate

Corpserodeo666

I just need ideas of how to mount my front plate so it don't look like shit and so it dosen't screw up my bumper too much. I mean the cops love me around here every week they find something "illegal" on my car. I just need something basic and something that looks good. Post picks if you guys have any. Thanks

:withstupid: I have been thinking about this alot as of late. One idea was the powered drop tag(cost $250) with my drop I am way to low for it now, and would drag the plate on the ground. The other thing I have been thinking about is getting the front bumper treated with a bit of custom, and just above the air duct grafting in a pocket to hold the plate.

Why not just use the factory bracket?  Sucks to drill 4 holes, but at least it's painted and has the correct contour for the front bumper.

One I didn't get one with the truck, and two I think they are ugly the way they sit so far off the front of the truck.

I did mine with velcro. Went to Lowes and bought some industral strength, and mounted it. It holds like glue! That way you can take it off when you want to. I've went through some heavy duty car washes, and it never moved. Just put the velcro on the four areas where you would srcew it in. Just make sure the velcro is the heavy duty stuff.

Works great!

Why not just use the factory bracket?  Sucks to drill 4 holes, but at least it's painted and has the correct contour for the front bumper.

One I didn't get one with the truck, and two I think they are ugly the way they sit so far off the front of the truck.

If you want to go with the minimalist approach, do what a guy I work with did on his p/u: Put the plate in a sheet metal sheer, and trim away the edges so all that's left if the letters. He mounted this to the lower air dam which is a few inches from the street (which we don't have, so you'll have to mount to to a bracket of some sort), and it seems to have passified the local PDs so far.

unfortunatly my truck already had it on when i bought it, you could try making a mount on a valence grill , that might look ok, i put a black silverado ss frame on mine to make it look a little better but its still ugle, i know id get oulled over if i didnt have it though.