What would be better for the money?

j4nash

go with the 50 shot combo.

That 50 shot may not take out a truck with a radix, but those other things will make it pretty easy, and then later on you can just run a 100 shot and really be quick.

thats the better bang for your buck right there, but superchargers are nice

I have been into hot rodding since I was able to drive and have had a lot of different rides. I have always found its best to get the essentials(bolt ons) out of the way first instead of jumping right in to the bigtime(forced induction). You need to get it breathin' right before you go stuffing a bunch more air in er.

just my .02

I'd skip the radix too... a 100 shot and other bolt ons as you go. You'll be faster and still have Several thousand left in your wallet to boot :thumbs:

Once we have a fastest SS list I think the NO2 guys will occupy most of the top of the list.

What is your goal? Best quarter mile times? Best fun for daily driving? In my opinion, the Radix is the best choice for best fun in daily driving. As you might guess, for me, that is a higher priority than quarter mile times :D .

What is your goal? Best quarter mile times? Best fun for daily driving? In my opinion, the Radix is the best choice for best fun in daily driving. As you might guess, for me, that is a higher priority than quarter mile times :D .

What if my N/A times are better than your S/C times? How would that factor into the equation?

j4nash:

This is what over the next year or so I have decided to do to the truck:

1.Cold air intake (installed already)

2.ASM headers (installed already)

3.High flow dual exhaust (sum what installed already)

4.3000 stall converter

5.Electric fans

6.LS1 edit

7.160 thermo (just need a B-B) ;)

8.Comp cam (this is still up in the air, I worry about emissions testing in the future)

9.Ported Heads

10.NX wet system 125 shot nitrous

Cost roughly $5,000:

This will get you a consistent 12-second ride when you want it and maintain your day-to-day drivability. But IMO for the bragging rights of having true HP in the motor all the time a supercharger is the way to go…

Archived