New body style 2007 V-MAX

nxtnlne

I was thinking about trading in my truck for an 07. I thought the 6.2l was availble in the max pck but its not. The drivetrain is the same. And Im leaning towards the GMC more then the Chevy. That grill looks a bite better to me right now. I called the fleet manager and shes checking around to see if she can find one with the same stuff I have now. LT3 or SLE3 max pck 4x4 with dvd. If the price is pretty close and only puts me out a couple-a I might do it. I get the GMS price so we will see. What do you guys think? Would you trade yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Not a chance. I love my truck. Besides, the new Vortec MAX trucks are slower than the 06's. I am also leary of the active fuel management or whatever it is called that deactivates cylinders. They really don't get better mileage, and there is something extra to break down the road a few years. I like the LQ9. I think it is one of the best engines Chevy has ever produced.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Not a chance.  I love my truck.  Besides, the new Vortec MAX trucks are slower than the 06's.  I am also leary of the active fuel management or whatever it is called that deactivates cylinders.  They really don't get better mileage, and there is something extra to break down the road a few years.  I like the LQ9.  I think it is one of the best engines Chevy has ever produced.

Mike

Just curious but why? :confused:

My bad why are the new vmax's slower?

Well I know they are heavier, by about 400 lbs. The test I saw put a new Vortec MAX 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. Mine will do it in 6.7 at 4,400 ft elevation. It might be the torque curve of the new engine. Who knows. They have more HP but slightly less torque. I am guessing the new engine needs to be wound out more to make the power. Just a guess.

Mike