Subs under rear seat?

NashSS

Looking around for ideas for some more bass in the sss because the standard sub just isnt cutting it and i noticed that mtx has a thunderform enclosure that goes under the rear seat but its about 700 bucks. Is there anything cheaper out there? i would like to only spend 400-500 bucks because i'm not a huge stereo guy but i do like my bass just like everyone else. please post some ideas.

Is that $700 just for the box? If so you should just have a custom built box and have them slap vynal on it for alot cheaper. My down fire vynal box, looks really nice almost as if came from the factory installed, cost me $280 and it houses 2 Kicker CVR 10's that have quick response which is what I am after since I listen to Metal mainly no rap and it will hit deep and rattle your fillings loose.

I put in the Jl audio 12 Stealth box... The run about 600 new but I got mine off ebay from some guy who wrecked his truck for I think around 300... Search around and wait for a good deal...i love the stealth box...

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

Man thats alot! total i spent on my system was less then 300 about 240 to be exact and my system sounds great. I have two Audiobahn 10's under my back seat which were about 80 for both and the guy threw in a pair of Kenwood tweeters which sound great :thumbs: And then my Box which was about 60 and then installation was about 100 so yeah i got a good deal and man does it sound great i have the stock head unit as well as a old Kenwood amp i had in my trans am but hey it still words great, but yeah....i have to keep the bass down all the time or i will bust my ear drums out :thumbs:

Heres some pics

post-8825-1165099352_thumb.jpg

post-8825-1165099376_thumb.jpg

Heres the box

post-8825-1165099392_thumb.jpg

Heres the box again just fliped it up so you can see the subs

Onyx :cool:

I've got two under tha back seat. Two Q-Logic enclosures, a 400w Alpine amp, and two 10" RF P1's... nothing special. I only spend like 300 for the enclosures with subs and another 200 for the amp...

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

Well thats what I was considering was getting a custom box made for it with maybe some 2 10" pioneer premiers with a premier amp but this is just an idea for now it will probably be put into action come tax return WOOT!