iPod Interface Help!?

Hey guys,

I know I'm new here, but not to other forums. I ran the search, and looked through older posts, and couldn't find anything on this. I am looking at getting an iPod interface for my 03 Silvy SS. My two options I'm looking at are the USA-Spec, and the Periphial interface. The USA Spec is about $139, and the Periphial is $149...

The only reviews I found on the net was at Crutchfield's site. People said the Song's Title, and Artist wouldn't show on the Head Unit like it claims to. I just wanna spend the money on the one that is GOOD. Lets me work it from the steering wheel controls, as well as display's the info on the Head Unit. Does anyone have either of these, or one that DOES the features that I want? I wanna get one ASAP. I hate the sound quality of my iTrip. I have an interface in the Firehawk for the Clarion Headunit, and it just sounds soo much better...

Thanks guys for the help and info. Your making me feel right at home, since joining almost a month ago!! Much abliged!! Once again sorry if I over looked something in a search, I tried exhausting my expenses first... :banghead:

Well see, I don't wanna get rid of the factory unit. If I were to do that, I'd just pull the Clarion VRX935VD setup out of the Firehawk while the build is getting finished up on that....I wanna keep the factory radio in this for now...I've got the MONEY PIT of a system in the Firehawk.....

Thanks tho r8....

I was the same way! I didn't want to mess with the factory HU because it sounded good enough for me, but in the end it was the best decision especially considering that just that interface alone costs about $150.00 and there is drama with it if you have XM.