Pricing/Market Value and some other questions...

KMK454

Hi, I was wondering about the market value of the Silverado SS.

My question is, what sort of SSS could 15 grand pick up? Is it even possible?

My guess is it would be a vehicle with anywhere from 60 to 100 thousand miles, probably an 03, in good to fair condition. But again, I'm not very familiar with these vehicles and their depreciation curve.

The next question is reliability... would that 60 to 100 thousand mile truck prove very reliable? I know GM blocks and drivetrains can take a lot of abuse if maintained, so I'm guessing this holds true on the SSS.

Final question: towing.

How much can this thing tow? At most I would tow a Corvette on an open trailer, so I'd say anywhere from 4-6 thousand pounds depending upon the trailer. I know they have "ratings" and that is probably within the window, but if towing I think it'd be better to have excess capability than to just scrape the limit.

Thanks all! :flag:

Edited by KMK454 (see edit history)

My guess is it would be a vehicle with anywhere from 60 to 100 thousand miles, probably an 03, in good to fair condition. But again, I'm not very familiar with these vehicles and their depreciation curve.

The next question is reliability... would that 60 to 100 thousand mile truck prove very reliable? I know GM blocks and drivetrains can take a lot of abuse if maintained, so I'm guessing this holds true on the SSS.

How much can this thing tow? At most I would tow a Corvette on an open trailer, so I'd say anywhere from 4-6 thousand pounds depending upon the trailer. I know they have "ratings" and that is probably within the window, but if towing I think it'd be better to have excess capability than to just scrape the limit.

Thanks all!  :flag:

Its going to be real hard to pick up one for 15K most I see are around 20K. As for the towing I think its around 7800 Pounds...Im selling mine for 22K 04 with 55K

Thanks all!  :flag:

Its possible just look around. I sold my 04 for 18k with 37k miles on it. I was trying to get rid of it so i could buy my 05 so i didn't mind taking a loss. There out there just look around. :thumbs:

As for towing I towed a car like nothing you could hardly tell it was there. Not like your buying a titan or something .:troll: just kidding :jester:

Edited by tonman316 (see edit history)

My '03 has almost 85k on it. I would'nt take less than about 17.5k for it. I tow a 6800# trailer with it all the time, in fact I've done it coast to coast.

I do take very good care of it. Serviced every 3k no matter what.

Only issue I've ever had is the usual noisy front diff. and I had a CV boot go out on me.

Still have the original brakes!!!! ( I do have trailer brakes ) :chevy::cheers: