guess i won't be running one of these

rivierakid55

Yeah. His name is Tony and he is in my grand prix club. He ran a 12.54 with exactly what you stated. The TC stall was 3400 though. His friends GC SRT8 ran a 12.1 with spray.

They are fast, no arguement there.

Here is the link to his post at www.clubgp.com with pictures and videos.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=34...tmode=1&smode=1

One of the Corvette Forum members went 10.8 in his bone stock C6 Z06 with jus BFG DR's.....GM has their moments...a high 10 driver....nice..

On my first pass of the day, after an hour-long cool-down and change of rear tires to the BFGs, I ran a clean pass with the type of launch and 1-2 shift I’ve been looking for. Here are the splits:

60'........1.679 3650 launch rpm with a fast clutch release and fast throttle squeeze

330'......4.625

660'......7.046 102.61

1000'.....9.114

1320'...10.856 129.50

Density altitude at the time of the pass was negative 850 feet on my TAG weather station. Air temperature was 51 degrees. Barometer was excellent and humidity was low.

Track surface temperature was 60 degrees, kissed sweetly by full sun.

One of the Corvette Forum members went 10.8 in his bone stock C6 Z06 with jus BFG DR's.....GM has their moments...a high 10 driver....nice..

On my first pass of the day, after an hour-long cool-down and change of rear tires to the BFGs, I ran a clean pass with the type of launch and 1-2 shift I’ve been looking for. Here are the splits:

60'........1.679 3650 launch rpm with a fast clutch release and fast throttle squeeze

330'......4.625

660'......7.046 102.61

1000'.....9.114

1320'...10.856 129.50

Density altitude at the time of the pass was negative 850 feet on my TAG weather station. Air temperature was 51 degrees. Barometer was excellent and humidity was low.

Track surface temperature was 60 degrees, kissed sweetly by full sun.

That is just sweet. :thumbs:

Then how are you going to deliver the christmas cheer?? :ughdance:

ill buy a beater truck if that happens. but i read a little further about "all kinds of drivetrain problems??" and maybe im not so sure. :dunno:

Ive had moments where I would rather have a tbss then the giant truck (remember guys I live in the city) but in the end I love my truck and Ive spent too much money right now :lol:

Then how are you going to deliver the christmas cheer?? :ughdance:

ill buy a beater truck if that happens. but i read a little further about "all kinds of drivetrain problems??" and maybe im not so sure. :dunno:

Ive had moments where I would rather have a tbss then the giant truck (remember guys I live in the city) but in the end I love my truck and Ive spent too much money right now :lol:

Nope. I gotta have my truck.

The tranny is our weak point

And thats how we know the tbss and the SS are blood related :cheers:

Someday gm will realize they should put the manual tranny in their performance trucks. I never hear of a corvette tranny breakin like the ss's trannys

thats why the corvette tranny's have "corvette servos"! Also, our weight has alot to do with it and so does AWD in most cases. Also, dont be fooled, dont think for one second a 600hp corvette doesnt need trans work eventually...it does...auto or manual (at least a clutch if not more).