in dash screens

I and others here have the Alpine IVA-D310. There are also the new double din radios that look alright.

148682728.jpg

Ive been wanting to oput the esclade stock touch screen with navigation in does anyone know if it willl work!

You have to check your RPO codes. GM makes BOSE & non-BOSE NAV units. RPO YY-something identifies the difference. I don't remember exactly what it is. Check this site to verify. Obviously, if you got one that's not amplified & you put it in your truck that doesn't have a BOSE setup already, you'll have next to no volume.

Be careful of year, also. 2007 is when GM switched the NAV. systems over to their GMLAN (CAN) network instead of good old ClassII VPW like we're all used to. Installing a 2007 NAV head into a non-2007 vehicle, the unit will not work.

When you get a unit, also make sure that it's brand new. Once the unit is on the vehicle network, it writes the VIN into ROM and stores it there. A used unit with a different VIN than the one in your PCM will cause you a little headache, I promise! :banghead: