My baby girl :)

budhayes3

Girls are the greatest, really. Of course I've got a huge prejudice! :D I miss that infant age, you made me dig-up my scrapbook. Well I guess it's that and I'm flying to CA in 2 weeks to be with the kids for Christmas... I am always awed looking at the before & after photos, that is also one of my favorite rewards of being a father. One of the great high points of my life was being the first person to receive/hold my daughter:

vanna-birth.jpg

And if you think your little girl is the greatest now, here's a hint of what will be waiting for you in 9 years - and trust me, it goes by FAST:

vanna-2006.jpg

Another good thing awaiting you - FATHER'S DAY! Do yourself a favor and don't let anything (including your spouse!) screw that day up for you and your kids! Every year we have gone to Schlitterbahn on Father's Day (8 years now) and even after divorcing my ex it is our little Father's Day ritual, this was us at Schlitterbahn this summer:

vanna-sb05.jpg

I'm counting the days until Christmas. My daughter and I already have big plans, I'm driving us down to Santa Cruz to see the sea lions and collect more sanddollars, and I like driving the PCH anyway. Then up the coast to San Francisco and the Ghiradelli factory for a tour (Savanna's idea). And I'm sure we'll see other stuff in the bay area too.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm going to get my daughter for Christmas yet :lol: I'm sure that someone has told you, or will be telling you - get your daughter a small box filled with some colorful tissue paper for Christmas, she will have boatloads of fun shredding it (you may have to help!). So there you go, I say girls are the best. :P

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

You have a beautiful daughter MisterP :) I'm looking forward to the years to come and teaching Rosie everything that I can, and seeing her interests and encouraging her to follow her dreams. I'm still cherishing every moment that I can now too...like you said, time's already flying by...I can't believe how much she's changed already in just 3 short months. Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Just a few weeks ago I had her beat in the hair department SS Silv, but she caught up and passed me really fast! :jester: (thank goodness!)

Thanks again everybody! :)

Edited by budhayes3 (see edit history)

You have a beautiful daughter MisterP :) I'm looking forward to the years to come and teaching Rosie everything that I can, and seeing her interests and encouraging her to follow her dreams. I'm still cherishing every moment that I can now too...like you said, time's already flying by...I can't believe how much she's changed already in just 3 short months. Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Just a few weeks ago I had her beat in the hair department SS Silv, but she caught up and passed me really fast! :jester: (thank goodness!)

Thanks again everybody! :)

:crackup: That hair comment was a good one :lol:

Re seeing her interests, that's one thing I really applaud my ex for, is that (more than me) she encouraged the kids to be into *everything* right off the bat, all the sports, music, play group activities, etc. I learned that kids really are sponges, the more you show/teach them the more voracious their appetite to learn. I was at first kind of hesitant or was worried I would overload the kids or :dunno: but I was really wrong there, introduce your kids to as much of life as you can as early as possible, and as they grow up they will start revealing their own personalities and selecting/expressing their interests.

Mr. P. :)