Reserve Power Mode

Corpserodeo666

This happened like 3 hours ago. I went to the car wash and did pretty much the usual thing. I started the truck up and it instantly started reving up untill 1500 RPM's. I didn't know what to do. So I started the truck up several times. After about several minutes of letting the truck sit, it went back to normal. The weird thing is that I gave it gas and the rpm's sat and the engine just bogged. I was wondering what the hell that was. :confused:

I've suffered this in the past too, that's the PCM's "limp home mode" where you have reduced power -and- no first or fourth gears; it's bogging because you are leaving in 2nd gear. If you go to one of the major auto parts stores they will usually read the code out for you for free, that will tell you what event happened. Try undoing a battery terminal, wait a few minutes, then reconnect and that should reset the PCM. I have a small wrench in my glovebox just for that reason...

Mr. P. :)