Anyone Ever Heard of These Guys? Tecstarinc

CHIEFZUSAF

I ran across the following webpage for Tecstarinc...click on the left most image at the top of their homepage and you'll see these guys very involved in a number of GM specialty vehicles including the Silverado SS. I've never heard of these guys have any of you?

Check it out

http://www.tecstarinc.com

Z :confused:

According to their pedigree of programs, they have done and are currently doing the following vehicles.

Chevrolet GMT 400 Tahoe Z71

Chevrolet GMT 400 Tahoe Limited

Chevrolet S10 Xtreme

Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme

2WD Chevrolet Blazer ZR2

Chevrolet Tahoe Z71

Chevrolet Suburban Z71

Chevrolet Silverado SS Extended Cab

Chevrolet Crew Cab ZR5

GMC Sonoma ZRX

GMT 325 Sunroof

I always wondered if GM contracted out some of their specialty vehicles. They are involved in many other significant programs including Wheel to Wheel progarms with IRL, CART, NASCAR, GRAND-AM & ACO.

Learn something new everyday!

Z :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...
Aparently this is who installs the ground effects kits on our trucks. I wonder if the manufacture them?

I wrote the company and ask them if they maunfacutred the claddig for our trucks. Also asked about a rear roll pan. Here is their reply:

I am sorry to inform you that GM is responsible for the design, W2W/Tecstar was responsible for the engineering integration. There is not currently a plan to do a rear roll pan. A decision on this would have to be demand based, in other words, are there enough potential customers to justify this? And How many.

Thanks.

Eric Budnick

[email protected]

248-307-1431 ext.246

248-307-1438 Fax

Archived