Best deck under $400?

Well I purchased Two Mtx 10's (6,000's?) in a Mtx thunderform box and Mtx 6500d amp about one year ago for $300 (from a shady guy in Scottsdale) anyways, I've been tetnative to install because I've had my stereo stolen many times, but I can't let these sit any longer. My Question is which deck is the best bang for a buck as far as quality/looks. I did not want an in-dash and I would like to spend about $400, I really like the Alpine cda-9857 ( http://www.ultimateelectronics.com/shoppin...iProductID=6079 ) does anyone have feedback on this deck or any recommendations? Next question, I believe the wiring harness I need is like $100 b/c the abs or airbags wont deploy? thats what a salesman told me...???

I have the alpine 9857, and I love it. It looks very clean looking when installed IMO b/c the colors of the buttons blend very well with the rest of the interior lights. It reads mp3 cds very quick, and has many useful features to fine tune the audio coming from your speakers. Some ppl I have talked to though says it is very hard to get alpine cd decks to sound good, but im very satisfied.

I have the alpine 9857, and I love it.  It looks very clean looking when installed IMO b/c the colors of the buttons blend very well with the rest of the interior lights.  It reads mp3 cds very quick, and has many useful features to fine tune the audio coming from your speakers.  Some ppl I have talked to though says it is very hard to get alpine cd decks to sound good, but im very satisfied.

Ive heard nothing but great things from ALPINE, IMO its going to be a unit that you will have for many years without failure or a hiccup. Friends of mine have had alpines and pioneer and they always stick with alpine because of all the problems pioneer has given them. But yeah Alpine... :thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback guys! So about the wiring harness, did anyone pay $100 for it? I thought the salesman was blowin smoke up my aSS.

And Grohe, is this deck motorized? The ‘open’ button is on the top-left, which leads me to believe it is a ‘flop down’ style and not motorized like my older Alpine deck…that’s not going to deter me from buying it, it’s looks awesome and has great reviews, but I kinda liked the motorized feature…