Speaker placement advice

orlando

My truck is a suburban and the rear doors are 5 1/4in speakers. I'm wondering if I should skip the back doors all together and add 6x9 instead mounted in the back by my sub woofer. Do you think this will give me better overall sound? Or should I just do the 5 1/4 in the rear doors and be done with it?

Thanks.........orlando

Im no sound guru, but from what I have read, the rear speakers are "rear fill" and the way a lot of cars are set up (with 6x9 in the rear) is very, very bad. You want complimentation not overbearing. A lot of guys dont even put speakers in the rear at all except a sub. I say to just put them in the doors.

I seem to get more Confused the more I read up on this stuff. Heres my problem thats driveing me crazy :)

What do you guys recommend me do.......I need to buy an amp to run the doors. I'm getting a good set of componets for the fronts. Should I buy a four channel just incase I want to add the back door speakers in the future or buy a two channel just to run the fronts.

I read like you have and it seems alot of people don't like rear fill at all and think just a good set up front and a good sub makes for better sound quality. When it comes to stageing and keeping the front stage up front woulden't rear door speakers screw that all up with mids and highs behind you? Then you got the guys that say they like the feeling of being surrounded by the music. Well I don't know what I like?

With the room I'm dealing with the four channel amp delivers

about 65 rms watts and the two channel will give me 100 rms watts. It seems 100watts seems to be good solid power for feeding front componets. Woulden't I loose sound quality pushing 65 over 100? I'm getting the jl XR componets.

Two weeks ago I was like I'll throw speakers in the doors and push them with my 30rms amp and be done with it. Now I know thats way under power for these speakers so I'm faced with buying a new amp with more power. This crap is getting crazy.....

Dazed and confused....Help!!!!!!