SSS vs. Z28's/TA's

brobradh77

I was curious how my truck would fair against a stock Z28 or TA plain or SS/ram air models.Stck vs. stock does my stock SilveradoSs have a chance? :dunno:

LOL not a chance in hell ... Unless you race them in the rain and you have AWD ... sorry, Fbodies are a stretch ... even a stock 1993-up LT1

with a good driver expect to see low 13s even high 12s with a 02/01 fbody 6speed

your truck at best is mid 15s high 14s

:withstupid: I have personally witnessed a 2002 WS6 M6 car with tune & slicks run 12.90 :eek: The rest of the car was showroom stock. That was at Sacramento Raceway; the only issue the car had after that day was a little clutch chatter :lol:

Mr. P. :)

I was curious how my truck would fair against a stock Z28 or TA plain or SS/ram air models.Stck vs. stock does my stock SilveradoSs have a chance? :dunno:

No way, not stock/stock. Those f-body cars are pretty quick. Late model LS-1 powered f-bodies have like 325HP(I am not 100%sure of that number exactly) and weigh close to 1/3 less than the SS. :chevy:

Thats kinda what I figured I used to own an 01 TA that was touched by god himself or just built on a wed. that was so quick I was always accused of spraying. The reason I asked because I never realized how fast my car was until I started racing and I havent raced my truck yet so I do not have any real knowledge of what my truck can do. :driving::thumbs:

i raced a z-28 tonight to about 70mph....either he backed off or my truck was running good cause i had about a truck and a half by 70mph. it was a z-28 with the rectangle exhaust coming out in the middle of the rear end. then a chevy caprice that sounded liked it was cammed or something took off and i couldnt gain on him. once we hit the red light though i lit the tires up for about 50 feet for him.

I know this might not sound right but here. I ran 1 a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with my SS. I ran a red T/A at about 70mph i jumped him by about 1 lenght and then he slowly reeled me in he passed me and pulled about a car on me by 120. Did it twice same thing. Dont know what all he did to it but I could see 2 mufflers dumped before the rear tires. IT had to have been 1 of the last of them made it looked brand new.