New mods with pictures

n2opwr

I have been really busy the last two weekends putting on lots of mods. The first thing I added was a set of new projection headlights with "Halo's" that I scored off of eBay. The next thing I put on was a new set of Baer Eradispeed rotors and caliper brackets that I bought from leo67 :seeya: Those two mods went on really fast and easy and I still had time in the weekend for another mod, so I put on a Whipple Supercharger that I got off of a H2 from work several months ago. This mod took a little longer than I expected, so I had to get a ride to work one day. (You guys may have seen a post where I needed some help with some wiring) This past weekend I put on a set of AS&M headers and head pipes w/o cats that I got from Bowtie70SS :seeya: All in all, I have been busy.

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

The only problem I really ran into was the T55 bit that I was originally using stripped out on me. I have used it several other times before I and I remember telling myself that I need to get another bit before doing another brake job. The other problem I ran into was I had the wrong Hawk Brake pads for both the front and the rear. I even called Hawk to ask them what pads to use. Since I was in the middle of the job and had no way of going and getting the new pads, I just used my original pads. I now have a new set of the "right" Hawk pads that are waiting to be put on.

DSC00174.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Whipple went pretty easy with the exception of the wiring of the Whipple Electronics. I didn't have a wiring diagram to show how the wires went and I had a really hard time getting through to Whipple. They later told me their receptionist was out and all their calls were getting forwarded to voicemail. :banghead:

The best part was when I turned the key and the truck started on the first try and without any check engine lights. One problem that I am having with the supercharger is spark knock. Jeff @ Whipple said the H2's run more boost than the SSs because H2's have lower compression, but he said I should be OK as long as I have access to 93 octane. I have yet to really get on it because of this and I don't want to lower my boost, so I am planning on getting a water/methanol injection kit.

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

I have more pictures and info, but I have run out of time (my little boy just woke up from his nap).

Hey man when you get a chance can you post a close up of your lights during the day? I really like the angel eye look, but I like the factory look also, so I'm kind of torn between the two and was just wondering what they looked like during the day.

congrats on the mods!

What are you going to do with your nitrous kit?

I still have everything and it is still wired up, I plan on maybe running a 50 shot a lot later on after some tuning and tranny mods.

nice mods, but you shoul dreally more the fuel press guage in your cab, since you cant see it when your in boost.

I have already ordered a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge for inside the cab, they just haven't got here yet. I had that fuel pressure gauge there so I could determine my jet sizes when using the nitrous.

Hey man when you get a chance can you post a close up of your lights during the day? I really like the angel eye look, but I like the factory look also, so I'm kind of torn between the two and was just wondering what they looked like during the day.

congrats on the mods!

I will get you a close up when I can.

DSC00743.jpg

I got a personalized license plate not too long ago too.

DSC00755.jpg

congrats on the mods!

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

The baby!!! SO CUTE LOL hes not even as big as the 20''s :driving: so cute!!! :lol:

What did you pay to have your rims powdered man? they look good! and the halos, Link plz :D

where did you get the center caps on your rims?  those would look really nice if the SS in the middle of the cap was black also. :thumbs:

A friend of mine made them for me on a CNC router. It took 13 yrs to make 5 of them and he said he would never make another set even though he still has the program file saved.

did you keep the nitrous installed? if nto maybe you could use the two injectros spots for the stock whipple injectors?

I'm using the Whipple piggyback electronics and injectors right now. I'm going to upgrade to a set of 42 lb injectors and a custom tune in the future. I may plumb the nitrous and/or methanol injection in place of the stock Whipple injectors, that's a good idea.

damn man nice work. how much were those headlights...whats the part number....

I paid approx. $195 shipped. Headlights on eBay They have them in both black and chrome housings. There are a couple of other members on here that have them.

sld0305-b.gif

congrats on the mods!

The baby!!! SO CUTE LOL hes not even as big as the 20''s :driving: so cute!!! :lol:

What did you pay to have your rims powdered man? they look good! and the halos, Link plz :D

I paid $200 to have my stock painted wheels stripped and polished and another $200 to have my wheels powder coated. I had to pay $25 to have my center caps polished after they were machined. I was going to have them powered coated too, but I felt like people wouldn't notice them as much. I think they are very trick and I want them to stand out.