cost of smoking tails???

well i talked to a local dealer i use at work and he said his shop will smoke all 3 of my lights for 150. is that a good price? it includes painting with the smoke paint, wet sand, then he clears them with auto body clear and then buffs them, he says they come out like glass. i would like to do this but wouldnt mind also having a spare set so what do you guys think, worth it? and anyone have a spare set for sale.. looking for a cheaper set. (dont need thrid) .~~~Kyle

I did mine with rattle can. They came out awesome. Just make sure you get a high quality clearcoat and spray them under bright lights so you can pay attention to detail. However, if they are profesionally clearcoated, they will look even better. If I were you, I would do the sanding, taping, and night shading at home, and maybe have them do the clearcoat. This might save you some money. To me 150$ seems a lot. The cost of supplies should be under 30-40$ depends on if you have the acetone and masking tape. 150$ seems a little steep to me, concidering they will get the supplies for cheaper and will be charging 110+ for labor. And I did mine with in 2 hours.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I did mine with rattle can. They came out awesome. Just make sure you get a high quality clearcoat and spray them under bright lights so you can pay attention to detail. However, if they are profesionally clearcoated, they will look even better. If I were you, I would do the sanding, taping, and night shading at home, and maybe have them do the clearcoat. This might save you some money. To me 150$ seems a lot. The cost of supplies should be under 30-40$ depends on if you have the acetone and masking tape. 150$ seems a little steep to me, concidering they will get the supplies for cheaper and will be charging 110+ for labor. And I did mine with in 2 hours.

what did you use for clear and how many coats?