My Yamaha YZF-R1

gunslinger2803

My 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1. Have had it for just about a year now, but just figured out how to post pics. Thought i'd see what everyone thought. Only mods are Yoshimura slipon carbon fiber exhaust, seat cowl, flush mount led front turn signals, and integrated turnsignals in taillight. Next mod will be a power commander.

The Powercommander is awsome. You might wanna look into doing a full system, for power and weight savings. A 520 chain conversion, steelbraided brake lines and motul race fluid, are some cheaper things that make a difference :thumbs:

Edited by SuperSport (see edit history)

When I had my '05, I think the best thing I did to it was a 520 Chain Conversion. I dropped a tooth in the front sprocket and added 2 teeth to the rear. That made the biggest difference in quickness. I also did the speedohealer as my speedo was off quite a bit after the sprocket changes. Good looking bike though. Mine was raven black. Just sold it about 2 months ago.

get those tiedowns off of your clip-on's and get a canyon dancer to haul that thing.

in the pic i was only going a few miles. when i had it delivered the battery was dead, so i had to trailer it to my house. what is a canyon dancer though, for next time i need to haul it?

thanks for the ideas on mods, i'll be def going w/ a power commander, and the 520 chain conversion, and steel braided brake lines. i want to upgrade to the full yoshimura exhaust system but i cant figure out if i can just buy the few parts that i need instead of the whole thing.