ss and 31

wody

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that front end looks badace! Nice job! :cool:

R8ers4life, I was thinking along the same lines as you were w/ keeping the bowtie, and I remembered seeing something similar on stylinconcepts but I looked it up and it’s hideous here’s the link

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/pa...8/categoryid/25

But I know that a die grinder goes a long ways w/ billet, but if you bought the new front end kit and this grill, you’d be like $900 deep. Prob better off fabbin’ the bow tie you have now to fit that new front end, which by the way would look badass on your ss w/ or w/o the bowtie.

I really like the grille. Its pretty unique. I think faceliftedss has one similar but in chrome. That buick is pretty cool too. How old is the resto?

haven't started resto yet it needs a battery, wires, and an exhaust manifold at least.

Alan

what would look better? cowl or a ram air hood? i really like the ram air plus i think it would make the front look really aggresive. im pretty sure i could fab up a ram air system if i use that hood too, just have to see clearances.

Alan

Edited by wody (see edit history)

I myself like the cowl hood better. There are some who like the ram air one better, it's just a matter of preference. There are a few people here that have that hood. If you do a search, you will find both hoods the SSS to make the decision easier.

One more thing, how does the grill line up as far as going with the lines of the hood in front. Is the gap the same throughout? I got that Goodmark cowl hood now and I was just wondering if the lines will be good.

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

its almost a perfect fit you have to trim these tabs that the locking clip slide on to.

DSC00060.jpg

and drill holes for the cover above the grille to be secured.

DSC00062.jpg

i've seen the picture of the ram air on the ss, and i like it. so...we'll see.

Alan

DSC00067.jpg

That doesn't look bad at all. Is it possible to get a shot in the sun from a little ways away? I'm about ready to order it, but I'm going to call Precision today and see if I can get it cheaper and also if I can pick it up since they are local to me.

when you call can you also find out if they can just sell the grille and not the shell. i want to have a chrome and a black one....even if i have to buy a chrome and paint it, im down. i'll go take that picture in a minute.

thanks

Alan

when you call can you also find out if they can just sell the grille and not the shell. i want to have a chrome and a black one....even if i have to buy a chrome and paint it, im down. i'll go take that picture in a minute.

thanks

Alan

I'll ask them! I was thinking the same thing, but instead, powdercoating the grill black with the polished SS bowtie. That might look sick with it all blacked out up front. :dunno: