thinking of selling the sss

rivierakid55

been having some thoughts lately about how much i really use my truck as it is intended and am thinking that since i occasionnaly haul clients around in my rig if this might be a better deal for me now. what do you other members think? keep in mind that i could still buy a beate truck and that at most i tow our little bass boat around a few times a year. really torn here. i do admit that it seems the tbss might be a slightly bettter platform to start the modding on too. taking suggestions.

well at least you're thinking about a tbss my buddy was thinking about trading his 05 ss for a audi a4. convincing him not to was easy. all i had to say was "you won't get the same sound out of that engine". that was the last i heard of that.

Alan

Edited by wody (see edit history)

It actually depends on what you like. The silverado SS at heart is still a silverado, full size frame, all the capabilities of a normal silverado with a bit more kick. They don't handle or perform like the TBSS does. If you prefer the size and the look of the big pick up, stick with the SSS. If you want an SS that is fast out of the box, more nimble around the city and has more of a fun factor out of the box, then the TBSS is your choice. Granted I don't know how much you actually use the truck aspect of the silverado, but if you often use the bed and need to tow your boat, the Silverado is probably a better bet.

Both the SSS and the TBSS have great platforms for adding lots of power. Since your SSS is 2wd, if you do go for huge power you can easily get an 80E unlike the awd guys. Between the two I prefer my silverado more, just because I'm a truck guy.

If funds permit, I would think heavily on getting a TBSS, it is quicker, more nimble and when I saw one I got more of a "solid" look to the interior. Like more thought was put into it. The other day I was enjoying a nice chill ride at night with this girl and a lightening decided to be typical L. Waited till traffic died down a bit and rode my ass, then he blew past me at WOT and then he freaking through a cig at me as he was passing and threw some nice hot ash onto my hood and windshield. :mad::nono: He took off like a bat out of hell. I was sitting there shocked. It got me thinking about getting a better "base" but that wasnt the only reason I was also more into it though because I take my neice and nephew in a trip in the truck for a whole day at a time and two full size car seats...well the parents know. They fit "ok", the bigger concern for me is that unlike a few of the guys here I live in a pretty cramped metropolis, with heavy traffic, no parking etc etc.

Now the good side.

Its a truck, every once in a while I do "truck" stuff, I dont have a roll lock or anything but I just leave the speedsturr open.

I like the look of the Silverado SS much better over a TBSS, I guess because its a full size and its agressive and in your face but doesnt really look like its trying to hard like a x-runner type of thing.

It can tow...a lot.

I have my "space" being a full size I get my elbow room, My last car was a cherokee and a sub-compact so Im no whinny bitch about it but its nice to stretch your legs/arms/neck/back all at the same time and not worry about breaking your rear window.

Even though the TBSS is lighter and much faster, doesnt necessarily mean you have a worse "base" But I do see your point.

The thing is...your truck is not stock. So you would have to add that into the "base" of the TBSS, you would be taking a hit on that.

At then end of the day I love my truck, its not perfect. But its my truck and thats that. I will stay my truck hopefully for a while and I dont see myself just turning it in for the sake of a better parking space and a few more ponies. However make you choice both would be a good descion it boils down to how badly do you really want a tbss. Test drive one and debate it over. Just remember to stay over on this side...havnt heard too many good things about our red headed step-sister site.

Test drive the TBSS and see what you think. Our trucks can be upgraded to go fast :devil: The TBSS seems to be having some trans or rear-end problems. I plan to drive mine till she dies. I love the look of our trucks. The TBSS doesn't look as good IMO. They still look like a SUV for mom. Yeah they are fast but still a SUV, not a truck. It all comes down to what you want and really need. I say stay with the SS. :D

Between the two I prefer my silverado more, just because I'm a truck guy.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

There is no comparision between the two. You take the motor out of the TBSS and it is nothing. You take the motor out of the SSS and you still have one of the nicest looking trucks on the road. The seats are more comfortable in the SSS ... the roof doesn't hit your head in the SSS :D

But the power of the TBSS is way more than the SSS stock vs stock. It is a blast to open up that motor and let r rip. I have the AWD version and it still shocks me everytime I step on it. The exhaust ( factory ) has a very mean and suprising sound. When you fire up the TBSS people turn around and look with a " WTF is that exhaust coming from ... no ... not that trailblazer ".

My wife like the size and manuverability of the TBSS over the SSS. She is used to driving smaller imports though. She didn't like the Yukon or Tahoe's either.

I don't know where I am going with this post ... but there are my random thoughts jotted down on the web. :P