SC horsepower???

xcelr8

Do any of us running the Radix know what kind of HP we're actually getting. I've got everybody and their brother asking me how much HP my truck has. I've got a radix with the 3.3 pulley, volant box and ASM headers with flowmaster muffler. I'm guessing I'm somewhere around 510 horsepower, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Also, if I get the 3.0 pulley, what gains could I expect from that? Tbyne says it's a 3lb gain in boost. That seems excessive, are we talking another 70 HP?

one more thing....what should I do for plugs? I know some guys are running cooler plugs. Should I do that now or wait 'til I'm running more boost? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

:cool:

I know that Chapman Chevrolet here in phoenix has a package for the SS that is a Radix SC with ASM headers and a corsa cat back that claims 465hp. Thats just about the same setup you have so I would stick around that number. Mabye a bit higher for you because you have the intake but I dont know how much that will add.

Hope that helps.

Hey MSNttF, You also have to remember that the CST is running a stock 295HP 5.3L under that SC vs. our 345HP 6.0L. Not having a SC myself but looking at the #'s, I would guess around 490-500HP

I think he was referring to the Radix/ASM Header package Chapman has advertised on their web site for the Silverado SS, not the RCSB Silverado they have built and on-site. A total of 465 RWHP sounds about right to me for the SS equipped with that package. I would bet the RCSB with the same package is about 410-420 RWHP.

Archived