Ideal cam for a Radix

I would like to do the cam/90mm TB swap, but am a little confused on choosing between a couple cams. I know a few here have used the LPE GT2-3 with their Radix and like it, so that is the one I was planning to use. But when I went to the LPE website I came accross a GT-7 cam, which their description says recommended for f/i and turbo applications. When I called them to ask (and spoke to 2 different people) one said the two would be pretty much the same, but on vehicles that they do Magna installs on they use the GT-7. The other said the GT7 is better because it opens the exh valve a tiny bit later.

Here are the specs:

GT2-3:

207/220 573/.580 w 1.7 rocker 118.5 CL

GT-7:

208/230 .554/.546 121CL

I noticed only one says 1.7 rocker, so I wonder if the other one would require different rockers or pushrods (forgot to ask this)? Is one going to perform better? Idle smoother? I'd like to swap only once, so making the right choice is important to me.

Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I got the GT7 its a good cam.I dont have my forced induction yet but I ran a 14.705.Without a tune it wanted to stall at idle.After a tune it was all good.I cant wait to be BLOWN (you need ls6 springs to go with that) :thumbsup: