Titan Info

Hemi4Me

What kind of mods are out there for the titan or the frontier? Just wondering

As a Titan owner now, I can tell you that the market is small compared to Chevy, Ford and Dodge. Finding mods for the Titan is not as simple as going to a Stylin' Concepts or other such supplier. You have to search sometimes to find stuff...I am sure that will change over time.

• 2 weeks later...
new max

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests...ew-cab-4x4.html

more hp than titan but shows a high 1/4 ??  is it the 4spd killing it?

Who knows your probably right about the tranny. GM trucks are notorious for having gobbs of tq management on their trannies. if you get rid of that alone it should nab the titan. keep in mind to that we are using the good ole overhead valve / push rod motor design which is ancient technology compared to the titans DOHC V8. Its alot easier to mod GM engines because of this. Overhead valve / push rod Engine parts are easy to come by without much cost.

new max

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests...ew-cab-4x4.html

more hp than titan but shows a high 1/4 ??  is it the 4spd killing it?

The extra 400 pounds of weight over mine isn't helping. Also, it has less torque, but more HP. The loss of torque hurts it. 7.5 0-60 is slooow compared to the SS's 6.3 (as tested by same magazine).

I imagine that torque management has something to do with the slow time also, as mentioned. I know when I tuned out 80% my torque management, my 1/4 mile time dropped by a half second. I have tuned out 100% now. It makes a huge difference.

Mike