wtf up with my best friend?

brobradh77

i hear ya my old friends were like that, they ask to borrow and when you ask for it back they make you feel bad bout asking for it anyway, also you are right when you need somethin they are busy but when they need somethin you make it a must to be there, one of my old friends was like that, cause no one else was around i was the one as soon as somethin better came by it was seeya till all that bs wore off and then i was of importence whatever i learned the hard way if they can do that to you now it will be all the time i wrote em all off and went my own way good luck to ya and do what is right for you not them, you can always make new friends

I guess that is a fault of mine and that is where my screen name comes from. Brother Brad I was called that because I was always like the conscious of the group the one you cuold always come to if you need anything. The issue here really wasnt the money. It is the fact that I want to have that one person in my life other than a wife that I can count on or tell anything to. I feel like evryone needs that and my problem is he has that person in me and I guess I am a little bit needy in that department. Nobody that knows him understood why I am friends with him but I always stood by him because they didnt get to seee what he is like when he does open up to you. Take his latest grilfriend Kimbra. He was in love with her from what I can tell talking about marriage and moving off with her after she graduates but he dumbed her because she came around to much..WTF? He wants to be married to someone only if they wont come around. :icon_bs:

my dad has always told me "if you want to lose a friend, loan them money" unfortunately its true. i don't know what to tell you, unless he was falling on really hard times, the fact that hee CAN pay you back, i wouldn't talk to him ever again unless he payed me back AT LEAST.

hang in there

ES :flag:

I owe my best friend about $75($60 for a golf club and $15 for lunch) but he knows I'll pay him. I have the cash and he knows I'll pay him back. We've never let money get in the way as we're like brothers. I've paid for golf and then he pays me back. He'll be over to help me with the install of my SC and I'm giving him my outlaw CAI. He's always there if I need anything and I'm always there if he needs anything. We've been friends for over 12 years. Hope you work it out because money def isn't worth losing a BF over. :cheers:

I owe my best friend about $75($60 for a golf club and $15 for lunch) but he knows I'll pay him. I have the cash and he knows I'll pay him back. We've never let money get in the way as we're like brothers. I've paid for golf and then he pays me back. He'll be over to help me with the install of my SC and I'm giving him my outlaw CAI. He's always there if I need anything and I'm always there if he needs anything. We've been friends for over 12 years. Hope you work it out because money def isn't worth losing a BF over. :cheers:

money's not an issue between u two because you guys pay eachother back. that's just it, that's called respect and you guys have it.

ES :flag:

I can relate to all your stories. i had a freind for like 10 years and last sept i sold him my paintball gun, i coul dhave sold it for at least a 1000 but we were good freinds so i sold it to him for 600. we agreed to a weekly payment of 150. not bad i thought only 4 weeks and ill have my money. he paid me the first tme but from then on it was like pulling teeth. we rarely hung out after that. and i needed the money too because i just got my 1st truck(not this one) and it needed some work. now it sucked for me becuase i cant ask anyone for money, its just something with me that i cant come to ask people for it. so asking my best freind to pay me back sucked. he said he never had the money, but he always would have the best of everything. said he gave 1000 dollars to his brtoher for his wedding bought his girl a nice phone and jewlery and easly had 5 diffrent phones from the time i sold him it. so he spent money on everything except wouldnt pay me. well long story short every week i had to ask and he paid me but like 10 bucks or 20. so i finally got all my payments done....this oct. over a year it took him. when i could have sold it in a week for a 1000. ever since he paid me we really havent talked. he just keeps to his own ways...

thats why i hate having people owe me money, it always ruins something i also like what 06 silverado said about "if you want to lose a friend, loan them money" because its so true. o well what can you do!!!

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

Hmmm....these situations always suck.  I read/skimmed over all the replies, but are you telling us everything to the story?

Tell me this.......is there a mutual female friend in this situation?

No nothing like that. If I had to diagnose it it all seemed to start like 8 years ago when this one bitch broke his heart. Ever since then if anyone gets to close he does what he can to run them off. Thats just how he is but he normally apologizes to me and we move on. But this time it seems to be different and I am growing tired of always having to be treated this way. So like I said before the money isnt the issue its how he has been treating me over the years and it came to ahead last month.

If you loan a friend $220 and never see him again, it was worth it.

If your friend was really considerate of you he would do WHATEVER he could to pay you back, including getting a second job. If he cared enough he could have done *something* to get you paid.

Life is just a series of character tests. You have to realize that in offering a loan you are putting both them and yourself into a character test.

Mr. P.

People tend to have a way of weeding themselves out of other's live. I used to chill with the "cool" crowd in school. They started to get into things i didnt want to be a part of, so i moved on and made new friends. Things like that make you realize who your true friends are.

When I was in high school, I was hangin out with my friends from grade school, we got into drinking... and I can honestly say i had alot of fun, but thats not who i am. We all got MIP's (Minor in posession) at one point or another, a couple got DUI's (Driving Under Influence). After my MIP i called it quits and found the motor head in myself, most of them continued drinking. I can say that i've had more fun learning and tinkering on cars/trucks than I ever had drinking. I made new friends with the same interests and we stay out of trouble and have a good time. (Except the occasional speeding ticket.)

Life goes on, and you will make new friends. Tough times show you who your true friends are, keep them around. Granted everyone has their ups and downs, but in the long run true friends are always there... no matter what.

-Cody