Damn rattle...

Grub

...by my ear...in the seat belt mechanism??? I can take my finger and push on the headliner/vinyl surround around the seat belt mechanism and it will stop for a minute or two, then start again. It's not a lot, but it's driving me nuts! Worse than Chinese water torture.

I have the same problem. But the rattle is coming from the headliner right near the drivers side window (near the middle of the window, not the seat belt mechanism). The headliner there seems to be looser than on the passenger side. I think the colder the weather, the more I hear that stupid rattle. I'm thinking of taking it to the dealer and see what they can do.

So what is it. Mine rattles too. Is it a on-star mic,a/c sensor, or a speaker. I dont think its a on-star mic cause my truck doesn't have on-star and it has the mic. I sure GM wouldn't put the mic in if it was equiped with on-star.

So if anybody knows for sure please tell us. Thanks

its that little sensor above you head in the headliner, it looks like a little tweeter. Its for the A/C automatic temp. They rattle sometimes, just need to replace it.

NO IT IS NOT!!!

It is the OnStar Mic! :smash:

Here we go again :crackup:

Mine isn't in the AC sensor and the truck doesn't have OnStar. It's in the seat belt mechanism or something between it and the headliner. I'm like elitesurfer50, I can smack it with fist and it stops for a couple of miles.

So what is it. Mine rattles too. Is it a on-star mic,a/c sensor, or a speaker. I dont think its a on-star mic cause my truck doesn't have on-star and it has the mic. I sure GM wouldn't put the mic in if it was equiped with on-star.

The onstar mics have a directional slotted cover and the sensors have the round holes........I think :crazy:

This is my OnStar Mic in the headliner

146949dbcbb7d23eff926d728f6f8b540_large.jpg

Edited by shreveportSS (see edit history)

It's definitely not in the A/C sensor and my truck doesn't have OnStar either. If you ask me, it's just a loose headliner on the driver side. Check your passenger side and you can feel the difference. There is a little "give" and you can hear a popping noise when you push the headliner on the driver side. If someone takes it to the dealer, let us know what they say about fixing it.

its that little sensor above you head in the headliner, it looks like a little tweeter. Its for the A/C automatic temp. They rattle sometimes, just need to replace it.

NO IT IS NOT!!!

It is the OnStar Mic! :smash:

Here we go again :crackup:

The onstar mics have a directional slotted cover and the sensors have the round holes........I think :crazy:

This is my OnStar Mic in the headliner

146949dbcbb7d23eff926d728f6f8b540_large.jpg

That weird my truck does not have Onstar and I have a little grill looking thingy in my headliner :D It's not what you took a pic of though. Yes what is in my truck is for the a/c, I beleivethey call it an agitator. It is a sensor for the automatic a/c systems, I replaced afew of them for making a buzzing noise when I worked at the dealer.

Here's the replacement procedure from alldata

Service and Repair

Notes

INSIDE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Remove the left windshield garnish molding.

Remove the left center pillar assist handle.

Remove the left center pillar garnish molding.

Remove the left sunshade.

Gently pull down the headliner.

Disconnect the electrical connector from the inside air temperature sensor.

Partially remove the inside air temperature sensor from the headliner.

Remove the sensor grille from the inside air temperature sensor.

Remove the inside air temperature sensor from the headliner.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Install the new sensor grille to the headliner.

Install the inside air temperature sensor to the headliner and sensor grille.

Connect the electrical connector to the inside air temperature sensor.

Install the left sunshade.

Install the left center pillar garnish molding.

Install the left center assist handle.

Install the left windshield garnish molding.

Sorry I cant get the pictues on here

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)