Listening to one of the greatest sounds right now

C5SilverBullet

About a mile up the road is a dyno/carb shop that builds carbs for Winston Cup cars, Willy's Carb & Dyno. Right now they have a WC motor on the dyno running a track simulation. The engine runs to redline, slows, then back to redline. I wish I had a mic so you all could hear it, I could listen to this all day! They do this a couple of times a week, he builds carbs for DEI, RCR, and a couple other Chevy guys. B)

I have to disagree, Let me tell you all a story:

I live in a VERY quiet development. I mean very quiet. My neighbors hate my truck cuz they can hear me 2 miles away. well anyways, my neighbors down the street have a kid who is hardcore into to rice mobiles. He had just bought himself a 1980-something-or-other CRX-POS and was tweeking it in his garage. he had spent months on this thing and had finally gotten it to where he wanted it. I also need to tell you i live in the land of Deer, and i have a really sweet twisting road that cuts through the woods leaving the neighborhood, half the reason i live around here. Well he finally finished the thing and called me down to see it, i told him it was good and that you could tell he had spent sometime on it (he wanted to race sooooo badly) and went back up the street. Later, I sat down to have a beer when i hear him tear out of the neighborhood, his fart can going. I hear him lock the tires and a distant thud. Deer never saw what was coming, car was totalled. Deer 1.... Rice 0. I asked him if it would beat me now that it had a new hood ornament..... He now drives a new civic. He was fine and thats why it was funny....

I do love the sound of loud engines though, theres a racetrack that recently was closed over here in jersey that i could hear from my patio, so so nice....

-Joe

Archived