Need all the support I can get

fox_forma

Well guys, gonna keep this short since I have to head back over to the Hospital. This morning before work I heard my mother calling my name and I went over to see what was going on. She said she had double vision and her balance was really bad. I immediately called 911 and an ambulance came and got her. Apparently she had a stroke in the early hours. weird thing was, before she got double vision and balance loss, she was up about a half hour before going to the bathroom then went back to sleep. So far none of the CT scans came back with anything, which is odd. At times she seems to be fully with us and others she is babbling about her car windows or something.

She is young at the age of 56 and its really screwing with my head, her mother passed away at 56 when she was younger and I sure as hell don't want that to happen to me at my young age. She was in good heath and had no real bad habits so I just wanted to get this off my chest and hope things turn out for the best. Off i go :tear:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything comes out well. A friend of mine had a stroke at age 30..he is alive and doing well so a stroke dosen't mean the end of the world especially if you react quickly to it (like you did). Kudos to you for maintaining a clear head and getting help for her.

Dave

this hits really close to home for me. my father suffered a stroke at the age of 50 that left him paralyzed on half of his body. im praying for you and your family. if you ever have any questions regarding anything to do with strokes you should pm me. im not a doctor but have been living through my dad's stroke for the last 12 years and might have some insight for you. stay strong.

jeremy

hey man, hang in there. I'v had my share of the hospital the last few months, and the whole atmosphere will get you down. If the doctors say she'll be ok, then she will be ok. There's something about hospitals that make people think a little too much, so dont use your imagination. Keep your head on and be strong. Modern medicine is amazing, so keep a positive attitude and if you need to chat PM me or post here. We're here for ya. :)

-Cody

hey man, hang in there. I'v had my share of the hospital the last few months, and the whole atmosphere will get you down. If the doctors say she'll be ok, then she will be ok. There's something about hospitals that make people think a little too much, so dont use your imagination. Keep your head on and be strong. Modern medicine is amazing, so keep a positive attitude and if you need to chat PM me or post here. We're here for ya. :)

-Cody

could not have said it better!!

thoughts and prayers

Alan

-Cody

could not have said it better!!

thoughts and prayers

Alan

:withstupid: So very true. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well.