Some Good News

hot rod truck

whenever they have a new truck or a new truck body style  come out it always wins truck of the year

I hear what your saying, but with all the hype about the new Tundra, I was... well surprised because domestic products are considered inferior against imports by most journalists, automotive and otherwise. Playboy chose the Tundra as their truck of the year. Go figure :dunno:

I sure wouldn't take that as an honor seeings how the Honda Ruthole got the award last year.

Understood, but it certainly helps boost awareness with the general public.

I don't think anybody here is in the market for a Honda Rimjob, but John Q. Public more than likely is looking. This may be enough to get him to look at a domestic truck rather than blindly head for the land of the rising sun. I think that is a good thing, even though an award (or lack of) does not influence any automotive purchases I make.

Dodge and Ford have both taken bigger hits in declining sales of trucks and SUVs than GM.

Motor Trend is a joke. Truck of the Year you gotta be kidding me! The title of the award is is misleading that it's not even funny. To qualify for toty the truck must be new or a major redesign. This year the eligible trucks were Sierra, Avalance, Escalade EXT, Silverado, and Explorer Sport Trac. Toyota held back the new Tundra so they can win next year. Big freaking deal, wake me up when the new Yukon and Tahoe hybrids get here, 28 mpg hwy?? That's something worth printing.