Lost my little buddy today

Bonj87

This morning, my little buddy, my pal.. my 17 year old shi tzu dog passed away. She was my constant companion since 1989. She'd been semi sick lately and today had 6 seizures, the last one was a grand mol, which finally took her.

Ill always miss her, all the days off my life. I know I sound like an idiot, but this is theraputic for me to write this out, so forgive me ok?

she was born a littler of 1.. a runt.. so small she fit in the palm of my hand,without even touching the base of my fingers. I was with her at her birth, December 24th 1989. I was with her when she opened her eyes, and unless Im an idiot, she imprinted on me at that time. She grew up in happy homes with me, from my birth house, to my apartment, to my townhouse, and now to my new home. She was one of those dogs that always growled at everything... happy,sad, or otherwise. When she licked my nose, she always sounded like a Tauntaun from The Empire Strikes Back. I was the only one in the world that could do things like open her mouth, trim the hair around her eyes\mouth.. she trusted me with her life. Everyone always remarked at how incredibly cute she was,with her little mouth, short, choppy ears,and this nose that was half black, half pink for probably half her life. In fact, that nose always gave her that Elvis "thank you very much" look.. which was to die for.

She always listened to me, very loyal, very obediant, and incredibly smart.

She was a staple in my family, everyone cared about her.

She wasin my arms when she passed, something Ill never forget, and something I will never get over. She wont be replaced, because she just can't be replaced. She is due to be cremated and brought back to me in a beautiful Black Orchid marble urn.

Thanks for letting me rant.

God bless you Jingles.. a.k.a. Big Bubba a.k.a. Jingle Bells. Be a good girl in heaven!

12-24-89 to 12-20-06 :shakehead:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry to hear about your lose of a "True Buddy" ... It is never easy seeing one pass on, but rest assure ... He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, with her tail wagging.

Deepest sympathy to you and your family.

“A dog is the only animal that loves you, more than it loves itself.” - Anonymous

You're not an Idiot.. you've just lost a dear friend.

we had a scare with my Cavalier King Charles last month he's now going to be on tablets for the rest of his life, but i was real worried we were gonna loose him, luckily he's much better now, and our other dog is allways beside him (as if he knows He's not well).

anyway here's a little poem i was ent when my last dog died hope it helps you at this sad time

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry to hear this, I'm going through the same as you. I just had to my dog of 12 1/2 years to sleep on Friday and I'm still sick about it. Just the other night when I was getting my food ready I dropped something on the counter and turned around and put it into his food dish, I felt sick after that.

It's so hard going home after work to a empty house now. :tear::tear::tear:

Last year at the same time I had to put my cat of 18 1/2 years to sleep, that was hard to deal with too, but not as much as the dog.

I am very sorry you lost your little girl. I honestly feel for you. I am going through the same thing with my little girl. She has heart disease and is in and out of heart failure. She does not have seizures but she has fainting spells where she'll collapse and let out this horrible scream. The vet said she has about six months left. I cry over her every day.

There is a book called "There is Eternal Life for Animals" by Niki Behrikis Shanahan. You can find it on Amazon. It's a great book and has really helped me to deal with my dog's iminent passing.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I can definitely relate. My black Lab, Willie, passed in November........I picked him out of a litter of 4 and he was the runt.

I was 18 when I picked him out (turned 30 last month), so we had a good run with him. I just think back on the time that we did get to spend together and am thankful for being given the chance to spend those impressionable years with such a good friend.

I hope you find comfort. :tear: