Ipod Nano and Bose 6 cd in dash

Last I heard there was one that ranged somewhere around $170.00. :eek: I went through this a while back. There were issues with it concerning XM and steering wheel controls though. You'd be better off just replacing the factory HU and getting an interface for it, that's what I did. It'll sound alot better too.

Thanks for the info.. it's more for when my wife uses the truck, she doesn't appriciate my music and i just thought she could hook her ipod up to the head unit,, guess she'll be putting her own Cd's in lol.. when I'm nice enough to let her have the truck lol

yea she doesn't use the truck that much.. well she didn't the old one lol, i bought a cassette thingy for the old truck but to be honest was a waste of money worked when it felt like it and didn't sound that good when it was working, the SS hasn't got a tape deck so its redundant now anyway. i'll just show her how to change cds till i change the head unit, but there are other mods i want first lol.. thanks for your help,

merry Christmas

eamonn

Someone just pointed this out to me as we were having this same discussion on another board. I haven't tried it nor have I ever heard of it. I looked at the installation and can't figure out how or what it hooks up to. The install is done on an Acura, not a Chevy. Apparently it also works with XM. $199.99 is a little much though. IMHO you might as well change out the factory HU and get the interface.

Click here!

why did you post that link :(  lol  now i'm thinking a touch screen would be awesome if the wife sees it i'm gonna have to buy one lol,

cheers buddy  :D

now what would i like for christmas  mmmm well?????? lol

Well, more that likely if you get a touch screen, you won't need that. :thumbs: Alot of the newer Alpine models come with a built in iPod cord so there is no need for the interface like I have.

• 4 weeks later...
Someone just pointed this out to me as we were having this same discussion on another board. I haven't tried it nor have I ever heard of it. I looked at the installation and can't figure out how or what it hooks up to. The install is done on an Acura, not a Chevy. Apparently it also works with XM. $199.99 is a little much though. IMHO you might as well change out the factory HU and get the interface.

Click here!

Is there any install instructions available on-line?

I installed a USA Spec iPod adapter in my truck. i've got xm, 6 cd changer, and bose radio. It's a pain in the butt to install, as cramming all the wires back into the dash isnt too fun, but i haven't had any problems with it. My XM isn't paid for, so i cant test if it screwed up any, but the preview channel seems to work just fine. One thing, the song title doesnt show up on the screen in Direct Mode, but thats no biggy for me.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FmaZREGPIWq/c...amp;i=581PA11GM

• 2 weeks later...
I installed a USA Spec iPod adapter in my truck. i've got xm, 6 cd changer, and bose radio. It's a pain in the butt to install, as cramming all the wires back into the dash isnt too fun, but i haven't had any problems with it. My XM isn't paid for, so i cant test if it screwed up any, but the preview channel seems to work just fine. One thing, the song title doesnt show up on the screen in Direct Mode, but thats no biggy for me.

What do you mean by direct mode?

What do you mean by direct mode?

There's two settings, playlist mode, and direct mode. playlist mode uses the cd changer buttons to switch between 5 pre-selected playlists, and a random mode. but it doesnt allow use of the controls from the ipod. direct mode is basically a glorified aux jack, with full function of the seek/steering-wheel buttons.