Another New Guy (my fingers are crossed)

Bildo

Just wanted to say hey dig the site have been lurking for a little bit. I just made an offer on a black 2003 SS AWD with 40k on it. I am definately going to buy just working out the price (long drawn out process I am in Iraq the truck is in Omaha, NE). Anyone from the Omaha area? Well anyways thats where I am from and my wife and kids live there while I work overseas. I was looking around for a new truck lately and I had absolutely NO clue that they were making the SS since the old 454 versions in the 90s. Now I am in love with the whole concept. Other toys in my garage include ; 71 Lemans (GTO Clone fully restored) , 2001 Blazer LT, and a 2006 Honda CBR 600rr can't wait for my new addition.

Just wanted to say hey dig the site have been lurking for a little bit. I just made an offer on a black 2003 SS AWD with 40k on it. I am definately going to buy just working out the price (long drawn out process I am in Iraq the truck is in Omaha, NE). Anyone from the Omaha area? Well anyways  thats where I am from and my wife and kids live there while I work overseas. I was looking around for a new truck lately and I had absolutely NO clue that they were making the SS since the old 454 versions in the 90s. Now I am in love with the whole concept. Other toys in my garage include ; 71 Lemans (GTO Clone fully restored) , 2001 Blazer LT, and a 2006 Honda CBR 600rr can't wait for my new addition.

Hi Bildo Congrats on the choice of truck and you've choose the right color... black ones are faster lol no matter what the other guys tell yer..

i lurked for a couple of years before buying aSS and posting. great bunch of folks on here to help you with almost anything...

good luck with the purchase nice collection of toys too the SS will fit right in

all the best

eamonn UK.

BTW, You're doing a great job stay safe buddy and have a Happy Christmas

Unfortunately my wife and brother went to look at the truck yesterday, and its a bad deal all around. The paint is scratched beyond a buff out in several places and that really stands out on the black. The rear diff is leaking (not seeping but dripping) from the pumpkin seal (easy fix but still a PIA) the rear main seal was leaking substantially more than the typical GM seepage. The originally brakes on the truck at 40k are shot almost non existant. The front end needs work, my brother said he had an extremely hard time keeping it pulling right off the road. Obviously somebody rode this girl hard, and is now trying to dump her off. IMO a truck that beat to schmidt isn't worth the 20k the owner wouldn't come down on. So now I am back in the hunt but probably won't jump in until I am back in the states physically in April for a vacation. Happy Hollidays!!!!

welcome to the site. sucks there was no deal, but you'll get a better truck in the end. happy holidays and get home safe!!

give the rest over there a Happy Holidays and thank you from me and I'm sure, the rest of SSS.com

:flag::cheers::flag:

So now I am back in the hunt but probably won't jump in until I am back in the states physically in April for a vacation. Happy Hollidays!!!!

i saw a red ss in reno nevada saturday with a for sale decal in the back window. its the only other ss i have seen in this area........ i will keep my eyes open for it again and get the phone # next time and post it here.