just got 03 SSS

Bill 03 SS

Yup, that's the infamous "Low Speed Growl While Turning". GM says it's normal, which is  :icon_bs: . I'm not sure but I don't think any of us AWD SSS'ers are exempt from it. :mad:

I have that low Growl when turning...sound coming from the front wheels...I'm glad is normal..well at least GM says its normal.

Anybody know what the growl sound at low speed is

it is the front differential. I've had mine replaced twice and it comes back after 6-10k miles. I believe its the bearings inside the diff that are making the growl noise....

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

Anybody know what the growl sound at low speed is

it is the front differential. I've had mine replaced twice and it comes back after 6-10k miles. I believe its the bearings inside the diff that are making the growl noise....

whats that costing you each time?

Hi just picked up a03 silverado SS w/ 26000  red would love hear from other owners

welcome....... i to just bought a 03 ss with only 18k on the clock. its arrival blue with dark grey/black interior. has 22's and is probably the fastest vehicle i have owned except an 05 mustang cobra "r"

Hi just picked up a03 silverado SS w/ 26000  red would love hear from other owners

welcome....... i to just bought a 03 ss with only 18k on the clock. its arrival blue with dark grey/black interior. has 22's and is probably the fastest vehicle i have owned except an 05 mustang cobra "r"

Thanks eveybody been lookingaroud the site its great havent had alot time the truck cant wait see how it runs anybody got advice on good grill MERRY XMAS