GM Performance Exhaust

CNE

OK, So I work for a dealer, we have installed a couple of GM Performance catbacks lately. Is anybody using these, how do they perform? I can get the system for $429 my cost as an employee. I like the fact that it isn't real loud, I'm not into the drone at cruising speed.

Edited by CNE (see edit history)

Is it the Corsa? I know the dealers push the corsa well.. not push but they move alot of em because it is a GM authorised part

If this question is for me then no it's not a corsa....it's something weird that I can't remember the name of. I do know that it came with a lifetime warranty.

I have the GM Performance Parts Cat Back on my SS. It sounds much nicer than stock, with mild drone at about 2000RPM. It is loud enough that the guy in the lane next to you will have look when you snap the throttle. Not to mention that I picked up around 2 MPG after installing it. For the price, no other cat-back can beat it. Think about it, a T304 mandrel bent stainless kit for under $500. Don't forget the tip has to be ordered seperately. Good luck on your decision. :chevy:

This is the kit I have had my eye on also. The part number for the SS is 17800765. It is a "Performance" system. GM does not have a "Touring" system for the SS. The kit is made by BORLA.

I also would like feedback. I am concerned about the post stating there is a drone at 2000 RPM's. This is about where I'd be pulling a trailer at 65 with my truck. Is the part number above the one you have?

More feedback please.

Mike

The system I am looking at is a GM Performance Catback system, all stainless with a single exit and yes, the tip is seperate. The kit will cost me $429 plus the tip, I think about $40-50. I was just wondering if anybody else had this kit and if you liked it.

The system I am looking at is a GM Performance Catback system, all stainless with a single exit and yes, the tip is seperate. The kit will cost me $429 plus the tip, I think about $40-50. I was just wondering if anybody else had this kit and if you liked it.

dunno man, i've been prowlin around some of the local chevy dealerships and they're actually starting to put them on a few of the 5.3 ext. cabs, i got one guy to start one up for me and it sounded kinda mean, not like the corsa, i think he said it was a borla or somethin, but i liked it

dunno man, i've been prowlin around some of the local chevy dealerships and they're actually starting to put them on a few of the 5.3 ext. cabs, i got one guy to start one up for me and it sounded kinda mean, not like the corsa, i think he said it was a borla or somethin, but i liked it

I hate to jump ship here..... but...

If you've ever heard a modified Lightning (or even stock Lightning) with a borla setup... you'd never look at any other setups... IMO anyways.. The sound is deep, mean.... just devilish.. :devil:

I'l agree with the stock L sounding mean. My brother in law's L sounds really nice and the stock catback performed very well, better than many aftermarket systems for that truck.

I'm still stock but leaning towards Magnaflow. Just waiting, I might trade in for a TBSS. Very curious whether or not GM has gone with Borla. Does anyone know for sure?

Ron

Again, the system I am talking about is NOT Borla, or Corsa. I have seen and installed these systems on trucks and Corvettes at the dealership. To me, they are too loud for everyday driving and I don't want to hear the moan and drone at 65 mph. This GM Performance Parts system is just that GM, and doesn't drone like the others. I'll hear my noise at the track with the cutouts open.

Again, the system I am talking about is NOT Borla, or Corsa. I have seen and installed these systems on trucks and Corvettes at the dealership. To me, they are too loud for everyday driving and I don't want to hear the moan and drone at 65 mph. This GM Performance Parts system is just that GM, and doesn't drone like the others. I'll hear my noise at the track with the cutouts open.

BORLA is the current manufacturer of GM Performance Parts cat-back exhaust systems. In previous years, CORSA has made some systems for GM, and CORSA systems are still GM approved. GM Performance Parts only puts their "stamp" on the BORLA systems.

Also, there is no direct crossover from a BORLA part to the GM part number. The systems are "custom" made for GM by BORLA.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)