jet dynamic spectrum tuners

packjh

hey saw this on summit for our trucks, i dont know to much about the computer part of the truck and was wandering if this was like a one vehicle hptuners program. If anybody has any info more than whats on the site that could explain it to me in normal english that be awesome...thanx again and hope everybody had a merry christmas

hey saw this on summit for our trucks, i dont know to much about the computer part of the truck and was wandering if this was like a one vehicle hptuners program. If anybody has any info more than whats on the site that could explain it to me in normal english that be awesome...thanx again and hope everybody had a merry christmas

i was curious about the same thing, anyone going to chime in?... :confused:

Jet purchased the rights to Tunercat, which is what that is.  It does not live up to the quality of EFI Live or HPTuners.

quality in what ways?.. if it doe's the same things whats the difference?. :confused:

The user interface is HORRIBLE by comparison, the software is all around clunky and hard to use. Many of it's customers have said that the only reason they use Tunercat instead of EFI Live or HPT is because it is able to tune the L31 Vortec motors. EFI Live will be adding this ability in sometime in the next month or two for 98-99 L31s.

I run tunercat what they bought from the original.. basically TC sold out for a big profit but he still supports early adopters. I will never buy that peice of crap that jet is selling. They are trying to compete with hp tuners with an inferior product. They contacted me to see if I would be intrested to trade in my tuner package for their system to help get the name out there. I said no thank you after they told me the specifics. Tunercat's original interface is 100 times more reliable than the one jet is selling for a 10th of the price. What I have invested in tunercat vs what Jet wants for their software its unreal the markup. They put zero R and D into it they did some graphical changes and added a crude data logger and threw it out on the market. Then basically made it so no one can go buy tunercat anymore.. again unless you allready own TC you are now out of luck. I would defintely not recomend purchasing the jet software.

I run both HPT and TC and Tc is a great program value vs price. HPT is a head and shoulders above TC but more costly. And they dont support 98 and down.

But defintely good call by throwing up a thread here asking about it I didn't want to start one myself because then im outright bashing them.

• 8 months later...

I have a DST and dont find it to be that hard to work now that i've spent about a month tinkering with it. ive done my truck and my parents 00 sub and silverado Z71. i did a minor tune on the sub and it runs great. did a lil more on the Z71 and my dad loves it... but i tried to go more radical with my SS and i'm having minor shifting problems under WOT