Who all drives their SSS in the snow?

NashSS

Has anyone with a 2wd SS had any problems with traction in the snow????

what kind of a question is that? if you live in a place where it snows often a 2wd no matter what kind isnt going to get any kind of decent traction in snow condtions , having a light rear and all your power coming from it does not help. so if you can try not to drive the 2wd if you know your going to have to have go through snow, or bring chains.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a 2WD SS but my 2WD Sierra is OK in the snow as long as I have good all season tires and put some bags of sand in the bed. But tires are the most important if you dont have all season tires or snow tires its going to be a bitch.

hell yes i drive it in the snow, its just so much fun. and its not like the snow hurts it just the shit they put on the roads.

as amatter of fact its snowing here as im typing this( tommorow is going to be so much fun ;) )

Hell the only time I would get dirt on my truck is going through puddles which can be fun but I would never even attempt to do something that stupid. You really need to buy a z71 offroad silverado or something.

I'm with Maniac. If you want a fast street vehicle you could have saved alot of money and bought a car. If you want a truck this is the one to have. :cheers:  Fast and USABLE :chevy:

Yea I got the fast car too 98 Z28 H/C built motor runs 10.80s. Best of both worlds. Except how much I spend on gas.

Edited by Maniac (see edit history)

Has anyone with a 2wd SS had any problems with traction in the snow????

what kind of a question is that? if you live in a place where it snows often a 2wd no matter what kind isnt going to get any kind of decent traction in snow condtions , having a light rear and all your power coming from it does not help. so if you can try not to drive the 2wd if you know your going to have to have go through snow, or bring chains.

I have only had the truck since June, so snow driving experience with my SS is a big zero. I have already purchased the ShurTrax bed weight system and I hope that it helps. I wish my SS was AWD but that wasn't an option for '06. Fortunately, up here in NY we are having one of the warmest winters on record. With the bed weight and traction control I think I will be OK in the snow.

o.k. I wont quote maniac but damn thats a lot of mud on that ss,in fact ive never seen that much mud on one of those trucks,and to answer the 2wd question I plow with my 86 k-20 chevy,let me tell you in 2wd it always breaks loose but 2 years ago i loaded 3 old 3/4 ton gm rears in the bed and went out plowing in 12in of snow and more and forgot the truck was in 2wd going uphills and down thats what weight in the bed does for you it gives you traction.I think the water bags in the bed will work out good for you,probably will be like night and day.

snowed one time here last year in denton tx i drove mine before it was lowered i pulled a 4door f350 with a trailer up an icy hill the guys looked at me real funny when i climbed the curb and pulled up next to them on the median and asked them if they had a tow strap but they werent looking funny after i pulled them up the hill. :chevy:

Hell yes I drive my truck in the snow.  I even take it mudding.  Its a pickup truck its suppose to get dirty.

mudding01.jpg

mudding02.jpg

mudding03.jpg

mudding04.jpg

mudding05.jpg

mudding06.jpg

mudding07.jpg

mudding08.jpg

Nice to see you use your truck like a truck. How was in the mud? I know that I would not do that with mine (just me) but it that looks fun. :cheers: I do see alot of people are upset with you for doing that but hey its you truck and you can do as you please. Good Job Bro.

I I have not driven mine in the snow.

:chevy::flag::chevy: