New to the place

PacerSS

Whats goin on guys, name\'s Matt, I currently own a 2000 Monte Carlo Pace Car, but am looking to trade it in for one of these bad boys. I like em, every time I see one I stare for a minute. I love to mod cars, and go pretty far with them. I have owned an 11 second SN95 Mustang, and now currently have my little V6 which is teetering in the low 14\'s about to kick in to the 13\'s. I was just wondering what mod product supply you guys have? Like is it as small as the W-body community where there are only 3 suppliers(not including GMPP) that charge so much for regular perf parts because there is no one else that produces them i.e. $800-$1000 headers and catback systems. I am just trying to get a feel for the community before I make the leap. I have never really been a \"truck\" guy but I like these trucks and wouldn\'t mind owning one. Could you guys help me out here? I also got a few more questions. Could someone give me a quick breakdown or point me in the right direction for all of the acronyms?? I mean I have CAI, FWI, and all of the other universal ones for sensors and what not, but things that are Silverado specific I would like to know like VHO vs SS whats the difference and what not. Anyway thanks in advance for any help much appreciated.

SSS fan,

Matt

Edited by PacerSS (see edit history)

Well then, that\'s a how do you do, you\'re right I could use the search. But if I don\'t know what I am searching for there\'s not much I could search for now is there?? For instance in my car forums I could search for all types of SC\'s, turbos, and you name it, because a) I know the product brand and model already and b) I know what belongs to which engine. Now, understanding that I don\'t know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to these things. A suggestion other than \"use the search\" kind of doesn\'t work so well in this situation, but I appreciate all the hard work you went through in dishing out that wonderful explication of help.

thanks man, I really cant help the forward slash thing, it is automatically happening whenever I use punctuation like \' or \". I will try not using them. I think it has something to do with using a proxy on here, since this website does not work at work, if that made sense.

Well then, that\'s a how do you do, you\'re right I could use the search. But if I don\'t know what I am searching for there\'s not much I could search for now is there?? For instance in my car forums I could search for all types of SC\'s, turbos, and you name it, because a) I know the product brand and model already and b) I know what belongs to which engine. Now, understanding that I don\'t know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to these things. A suggestion other than \"use the search\" kind of doesn\'t work so well in this situation, but I appreciate all the hard work you went through in dishing out that wonderful explication of help.

Not trying to be a DICK (maybe I was a little bit)but, seems as the value of this truck goes down every retard in the world wants one...... Then they find their way over here and without a thought, or every a slight try ask stupid every played questions.

Use the search button you know the basics... CAI, S/C, propcharger, ect. ect..

If that is not good enough there are sections when you login that are broken down, forced induction, tranny, suspension, blah, blah, blah.

welcome to the forum there are alot of products from many differetn maufacturer's for the SS, but parts still are expensive. i think the ls market is just so popular now that they can charge these prices becasue people like me will pay.

SS and vho both have the same engine ( the lq9) but a vho has the regular silverado body , the SS had unique ground effects, colormatched handles,mirrors,grill and the ss bumpers. not to mention 03-05 they were awd. there are also a few minor differces bewteen the two but nothing much.

So let me get this right since you obviously can not be retarded since you already own one of these right?? And you must have bought it at full market value before said tards could purchase them. Look buddy, I am not a retard just because I don\'t know anything about these trucks, if I told you to go to ZZP and buy a GT1 cam for the L36 and run an HVII with SI valves and WBS heads, you would look about as retarded as I do. Look chill out man, I am only asking for a little insight here, I am searching continuously but without knowing the ins and outs like owners that have been here for a while, I am a little lost.

So let me get this right since you obviously can not be retarded since you already own one of these right?? And you must have bought it at full market value before said tards could purchase them. Look buddy, I am not a retard just because I don\'t know anything about these trucks, if I told you to go to ZZP and buy a GT1 cam for the L36 and run an HVII with SI valves and WBS heads, you would look about as retarded as I do. Look chill out man, I am only asking for a little insight here, I am searching continuously but without knowing the ins and outs like owners that have been here for a while, I am a little lost.

Yes. I am a Tard....

Five minutes of looking..

ZZP 42 lb injectors

ZZP GT2 Cam

ZZP 3,500 stall

ZZP custom tuned PCM

ZZP ls6 springs

ZZP HVII

S&S Headers

Custom 2 1/2 in exhaust

ZZP modded retainers

Stage 2 P&P heads Milled .20

FWI K&N 7in cone

P&P LIM

ZZP SI Valves

All I am trying to say is you know the basics. The search will point you in the direction you ask. Cam, headers, suspension, brakes, whatever you are looking for. There are sub directories, and so on. When I signed on here I think it was 3 weeks to a month before I posted, because I was burried in past post.

The info is there even if you don't know the correct names, once you search you will have the right direction.

The post and past was to show you a tard can do a search! :jester: