Outlaw Intake - No Oil filter w/o ugly resonator

buggle_96

Got this today and tried installing it a friends shop....my fan rubs on the tubing...this a known problem or anybody else had this problem?

yes I have tried to search for answers  :D

Any help would be appreciated guys! Any 04 and 05 SSS guys have any input on this?

BTW this is the new no oil filter with the straight redesigned intake tube.

Along with hitting the fan its also pushing on the fan shroud pretty hard and the tubing barely reaches the filter box and I do mean barely...and thats with moving the rubber piece at the end of the tubing.

The coupler was all the way on the throttle body so thats not the issue.

Edited by Prestoar (see edit history)

took it by a mechanics shop this morning...he said it wouldnt fit without some modifications including cutting away some of my fan shroud. I didn't want this to happen but I have asked for a refund and ship back to seller. :tear:

Prestoar,

My Outlaw Power installation went 100% smooth. Hopefully, the seller sent you the Outlaw Power throttle body coupler and not the one from his AFE kit. The Outlaw Power throttle body coupler looks like this: http://www.outlawpower.com/images/gm_tb_coupler.jpg

Keep in mind that many of the silveradoss.com forum meember have installed their Outlaw Power kits at the Outlaw Power facilities, they had zero installation problems. The installation manual is here: http://www.outlawpower.com/productdetail.php?sc=1274

If you have any questions of problems, call Aaron at Outlaw Power. He is is very friendly and knowledgeable. Even that you bought the intake used, they have one of the best service departments in the industry and will fix your problem. Their phone number is here: http://www.outlawpower.com/about_outlaw.php

Edited by haulin79 (see edit history)

I worked things out with the seller and he gave me full refund + shipping back. Not sure what was wrong but it was not going on my truck without modifications. The coupler/fan was not the only problem..the tubing was also a little short.

After looking into this situation closer and with the help of a few board members and Aaron from Outlaw...I had a throttle body spacer from the previous owner that I had no clue about. That sucker is coming off though. I need a new mechanic :cry: