pen mag stuck

Ok,

I have almost everything done on the cam swap, im using the pen mag trick to hold up the lifters while i pull the cam out. I put them all in and while checking to make sure the lifter was all the way up I noticed one of the mags wont come out... it's stuck in there and although i think the lifter is up the cam wont spin all the way around, it's hitting something where what mag is.

I can imagine already this is bad and I dont want to yank to hard on the mag and break it off in there. What do I do????

Thanks for the help!!!!

Edited by lucky7_93021 (see edit history)

it's all good, im not sure what happened but i got it out. i just spun the cam back and forth a million times and for some reason one of them worked.... wish i new why.. but its out so who cares.

on another good note, i got the cam in and all the springs changed out. the springs were easier than i though. now to get the crank pulley back on, this should be fun.

now to get the crank pulley back on, this should be fun.

I always threw it in the oven at about 250* for 15 minutes. The metal will expand and it should just slip on. Otherwise you will be fighting it and cursing! Take it right from the oven and slide it on with a little bit of engine oil (not greese) on the shaft.

Ohhh now I read this! :P

I put it on yesterday and it was no where near as bad as I thought. I did have the longer bolt and WOW did that help! I couldn't have gotten that thing off or back on without it. As for getting it tight, I got a really nice 28" breaker bar for like $10 at harbor freight during a x-mas sale and that took care of that.

The only thing I wouldn't recommend from harbor freight is there pulley puller. I broke 2 of them trying to get the pulley off before I broke down and payed $40 for the one at sears. No wonder harbor freights only cost $7.