Quick question about headers/exhaust

yoskater

I was just wondering (i feel pretty dumb asking) but do headers make your truck louder? My exhaust is pretty loud but I see other trucks driving around and their shit is just LOUD. Any info would be great :P

thanks

Actually my headers made my exhaust quiet . It really sounds cleaner . It was kind of loud inside the cab @ around 70m.p.h. Now I can talk on the phone and my friends ask me which car I am in . Before there was no question that I was in my S.S. , They will also improve your gas mileage . Mine went up 1 m.p.g. better than nothing . :thumbs: The trucks you are refering to are probably running a 1 chamber flowmaster dumped at the axle ... :D Very loud

I'm going to say the long tubes will definitely make it little louder...a little more of a rumble if you will. I have a GMC Sierra Denali which is similar to the SS mechanically and I installed the Dynatech Supermaxx long tubes over the weekend. The truck definitely sounds different.

Now when I installed shorties to my old tahoe there was no discernible difference.

I have ASM headers as well and they made the engine allot louder at WOT, as well during a cold start when the engine is warming up there allot of loud tick, tick, tickedey, tick, ticks going on for a couple minutes till the truck is at operating temperature…

I was just wondering (i feel pretty dumb asking) but do headers make your truck louder? My exhaust is pretty loud but I see other trucks driving around and their shit is just LOUD. Any info would be great :P

thanks

Actually my headers made my exhaust quiet . It really sounds cleaner . It was kind of loud inside the cab @ around 70m.p.h. Now I can talk on the phone and my friends ask me which car I am in . Before there was no question that I was in my S.S. , They will also improve your gas mileage . Mine went up 1 m.p.g. better than nothing . :thumbs: The trucks you are refering to are probably running a 1 chamber flowmaster dumped at the axle ... :D Very loud

Hey guys thanks for all of your comments, really appriciate the info.

You said those trucks are probaly running a 1 chamber flowmaster dumped at the axle, is that legal?

Btw I have an 02' silverado and as soon as I saw this page (almost a year ago) I had to sign up and check out all the awsome SS's :thumbs:

Archived