Gobbled up a Cummins!

montanass

I was driving to a buddies appartment last night with my girl and I came along side this really big, loud, black Dodge Cummins (2004ish). His plates read: LOUD NUF, and he was sporting at least a 6" lift with a 3" body and some 37's. He had a Superchips decal on the side windows, and aparently he had his shit straight piped :eek:

I tried to catch a light with him a couple of times but there were too many cars out. We ran side by side for a while and then we got an opening. He punched it first and started to pull by the time I got to WOT. My truck gained in RPM's and I started to pull him. I probably had a little more than a fender on him by 70 then we shut them down due to traffic ahead of us. I made it to the next light first, but he bailed to the left... I guess he knows better now.... "Tell your friends about me" :jester:

I really would have liked to run him from a dig, but you can't always have it your way. I've seen the truck around some before so hopefully I can get another go at him. :thumbs:

-Cody

Be careful with those. There are some quick Dodge diesel trucks around. You wouldn't think so, you know, with them sounding like a garbage truck and all, but they can surprise you.

It seems that a lot folks who buy those diesels put several thousand more dollars into them to make them more powerful. Stock for stock, you'll take them, but with the common mods, they will give you some trouble.

I am going to get a supercharger someday. Then only a handful of them will be able to keep up :)

Mike

Be careful with those.  There are some quick Dodge diesel trucks around.  You wouldn't think so, you know, with them sounding like a garbage truck and all, but they can surprise you.

It seems that a lot folks who buy those diesels put several thousand more dollars into them to make them more powerful.  Stock for stock, you'll take them, but with the common mods, they will give you some trouble.

I am going to get a supercharger someday.  Then only a handful of them will be able to keep up :)

Mike

sounding like a garbage truck, funny stuff

Be careful with those.  There are some quick Dodge diesel trucks around.  You wouldn't think so, you know, with them sounding like a garbage truck and all, but they can surprise you.

It seems that a lot folks who buy those diesels put several thousand more dollars into them to make them more powerful.  Stock for stock, you'll take them, but with the common mods, they will give you some trouble.

I am going to get a supercharger someday.  Then only a handful of them will be able to keep up :)

Mike

sounding like a garbage truck, funny stuff

Diesels in general now days. A buddy of mine has an 03 D-Max, 6" lift and 3" body rollin on 37's. Has exhaust, Edge w/Att, Intake, aftermarket turbo, and can light up all 4 and git r done. Gotta watch the diesels

Diesels in general now days....Gotta watch the diesels

this is true... the power they are capable of is outrageous. But if you feed anything 20 PSI of boost, its gonna run like a bat out of hell... it doesn't matter what kind of fuel or RPM's it runs. You're really gonna have to watch out for the new diesels comming out in 07-08. GM is switching to a Twin Turbo D-Max, Ford is doing the same with the Powerstroke and Dodge upped their cubes from 5.9L to 6.4(ish). All of which will be capable of some serious power, as if they weren't putting down good numbers before. The Automotive industry is in the middle of a HP race, if you haven't noticed. Whoever can build the most HP is on top, kinda reminds me of the late 60's and the 70's, (Long before I was born).

It should be interesting to see where it all goes, if the insurance co.'s are gonna crack down and up their rates or if the price of fuel is gonna sky rocket or maybe big HP automobiles are just the future of the automotive industry.

Have a happy New Years and DO NOT drink and drive!

-Cody :seeya:

watch the diesels---I had a run in with an F-250 with a 6" lift, Powerstroke, and a Banks 6 Gun setup. We ran him from a dig and he had 1/2 truck length on me off the line. I was able to pull on him in second gear and get 1/2 truck length ahead of him. I beat him but then realized that I almost had my ass handed to me by a diesel. BE CAREFUL-- these modified deisels (Ford Chevy or Dodge) are no joke................................... :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I watched a girl from Washington state drive up to our track in a lifted Dodge ClubCab 4x4 with a Cummins and pull off high 11 second times, run after run. She said her friend in Washington State had a white regular cab with a diesel that was faster.

I finally got to see the white truck run, it was on street legal slicks, and it was two wheel drive, he went low 10s at 135mph!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

I have seen on the internet he has went as low as a 10.06, if I remember correctly....

We have several 11 and 12 second diesels at our track, it's bizarre to me.

My buddy has a gorgeous LOWERED Chevy 4x4 dually Duramax, it's no slouch. I'll see if I can get pics next time he stops in........

Good kill. I've seen modded diesels, they are pretty impressive.

• 1 month later...

The duramax is going to have twin turbos...only the PSD (power stroke diesel)

Us diesel guys dont get a good jump but once our turbo spools watch out!!!! lol

OH and one of our fellow dmax buddies just made 1004hp and 2020lb-ft or torque on DIESEL ONLY NO DRUGS!!!

Edited by sleepertrk (see edit history)

OH and one of our fellow dmax buddies just made 1004hp and 2020lb-ft or torque on DIESEL ONLY NO DRUGS!!!

that's very impressive. :eek:

I want a turbo that pumps 20+ psi from the factory... :cry: I guess i'll stick with my slow SS for now, and upgrade with a procharger in a year or so. :uhoh:

that's very impressive. :eek:

I want a turbo that pumps 20+ psi from the factory... :cry: I guess i'll stick with my slow SS for now, and upgrade with a procharger in a year or so. :uhoh:

lol I go out and mess with SS's, ford lightnighs and those SRT-10's...but if I hear a slight whistle(supercharger) I dont mess with them lol